Portrait mode
Hey guys...

Trying to find the answer somewhere in the forum....  need to change the screen orientation to be in portrait mode using HDMI 1080p...
I removed the plastic stand from my Samsung play desk display , and replaced it with a wooden easel type display stand; when I want portrait orientation I physically rotate my display (just like I would rotate my tablet or phone and set it back on the stand--- voila !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Seriously ?

Nah, I mean I want to switch the orientation in debian...
(08-22-2016, 08:13 PM){-DesT-} Wrote: Seriously ?

Nah, I mean I want to switch the orientation in debian...

Yes, seriously... because, as yet, Android does not (cannot) flip the orientation manually;  it has to happen via sensor-- which I don't have running yet.

Ok, as for debian, you cannot flip the orientation in debian (afaik) ;  we support 15 modes (not many, I'll grant you) and the fancy display orientation stuff does not work yet-- like compiz and stuff like that.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
that's not good Sad

Really need to display my pine using text mode in portrait mode Sad
(08-22-2016, 08:24 PM){-DesT-} Wrote: that's not good Sad

Really need to display my pine using text mode in portrait mode Sad

I'll pass it along. I hear you... my wife's setup uses one screen landscape, and two text screens portrait (vertical).

( are you an accountant by any chance ? )
marcushh777    Cool

Not really, I'm a IT guy since 25 years Wink

I'm just using PINE in a Home Automation project and using PINE as the main controller using a 42" HD TV in portrait mode Wink
Very good !... I'll ask around, and when i see the guys on the irc that actually work with the display stuff on a day-to-day basis, I'll ask them. By the by, you might stop by the irc chat room and poke around; you might get to talk to lennyraposo or longsleep personally/ lenny is Eastern time zone and longsleep is European time zone.
marcushh777    Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,972 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick