New procedure for building Android from source
(08-08-2016, 12:31 PM)jonsmirl Wrote: image in:
../lichee/tools/pack/sun50iw1p1_android_Baomi-db1000_uart0.img

Hi Bro Jonsmirl..

Sorry for being noob..

May i know that image was created is rooted or non rooted?

Thanks ^_^v

* really need non rooted android.. it is really pain cant get what i want if i got Pine64..
** right now stick back to Raspi for RetroPie and ISP STB Box with android 4.1 1gb for streaming video

I asked twice for non rooted image from dev but.............. hmmmm i should not bought Pine64!!
Quote:I asked twice for non rooted image from dev but.............. hmmmm i should not bought Pine64!!

You have to compile by yourself. And find an answer by yourself. Since this is development board Smile
Quote:That file is very old and it was not zipped correctly. We need a new dump from them.

I were able to compile Android 6.0 from that, with a few tweaks I also managed to start it, and it starts, with a few more tweaks I managed to fix video issues and it shows launcher Smile
(08-30-2016, 03:17 PM)ayufan Wrote:
Quote:That file is very old and it was not zipped correctly. We need a new dump from them.

I were able to compile Android 6.0 from that, with a few tweaks I also managed to start it, and it starts, with a few more tweaks I managed to fix video issues and it shows launcher Smile

It would be great if you can share your sources with us once you are able to get it running properly. Smile
Donate BTC: 3Eav9uqXi8Nx1axb7QjK6xV4km4K9YGv9a
Why not directly bump to Android 7.0 ?
(08-08-2016, 12:31 PM)Hello Wrote: useing Ubuntu LTS 14.04 (64bit)
I am trying to build image by these steps:

first run

mkdir ~/bin
PATH=~/bin:$PATH
#Download the Repo tool and ensure that it is executable:
curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
mkdir android
cd android
repo init -u https://github.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
repo sync
. ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch tulip_chiphd-user, Baomi/db1000
make -j 5

error output:

hardware/aw/widevine/Android.mk:2: hardware/aw/widevine/widevine_L/Android.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `hardware/aw/widevine/widevine_L/Android.mk'.  Stop.

2nd run

mkdir android
cd android
repo init -u https://github.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
repo sync

stop make tar.gz and save it somewhere

cd android
. ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch tulip_chiphd-user, Baomi/db1000
make -j 5

error output:

hardware/aw/widevine/Android.mk:2: hardware/aw/widevine/widevine_L/Android.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `hardware/aw/widevine/widevine_L/Android.mk'.  Stop.

I see what error is, but do i find this file?

Thank You
Daniel

jonsmirlhttps://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest/wikis/home

This procedure is new so it may have issues. The key feature is that all of Android and lichee are in git. That means you can clone the repos (look in the manifest files), make changes, and then send pull requests.  Then use 'repo sync' to get everyone's changes.

Anyone up for getting this working on the longsleep kernel so that we can get rid of lichee?

You need 100GB free disk space, it uses 96GB.
This takes around nine hours to run depending on network and CPU speeds.

$ mkdir ~/bin
$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH
Download the Repo tool and ensure that it is executable:
$ curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

$ mkdir android
$ cd android
$ repo init -u https://github.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
$ repo sync
$ . ./build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch (tulip_chiphd-user, Baomi/db1000)
$ make -j 5
$ cd ..
$ mkdir lichee
$ cd lichee
$ repo init -u https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
$ repo sync
$ ./build.sh config (choose '0' for all)
$ ./build.sh
$ cd brandy
$ ARCH=aarch64 ./build.sh
$ cd ../../android
$ extract-bsp
$ pack

image in:
../lichee/tools/pack/sun50iw1p1_android_Baomi-db1000_uart0.img

This makes a Phoenix card image.
Lot's of tools for installing here: lichee/tools/tools_win

To get a 'dd' image, install it to an SD Card. Boot it. Then use 'dd' to copy the image off from the SD Card.

Google Play login seems to be working in this build.

Also note that by adding items to the manifest apps like Kodi can be included in the build.
Building android fails with the following error for me :
Quote:build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target 'out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:550: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/system/lib/hw/gralloc.default.so'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target 'out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/system/lib64/hw/gralloc.default.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:550: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/system/lib64/hw/gralloc.default.so'
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE tulip-chiphd
Symlink: out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/system/bin/app_process -> app_process64
target Executable: app_process (out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/EXECUTABLES/app_process_intermediates/LINKED/app_process64)
/media/drich/65510731-cacb-498b-972e-daec71ef9464/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9/../../../../aarch64-linux-android/bin/ld: warning: libVE.so, needed by out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/media/drich/65510731-cacb-498b-972e-daec71ef9464/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9/../../../../aarch64-linux-android/bin/ld: warning: libcdx_base.so, needed by out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeInitialize'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeDisableJpegDecoder'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeWaitJpegDecodeInterrupt'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeRelease'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeWaitInterrupt'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeReset'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeGetDramType'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeUnLock'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeDecoderWidthMode'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeLock'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeChipId'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeResetJpegDecoder'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeGetIcVersion'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeGetRegisterBaseAddress'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeJpegDeUnLock'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeJpegDeLock'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeEnableDecoder'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeResetDecoder'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeDisableDecoder'
out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/lib/libvdecoder.so: undefined reference to `VeSyncIdlecheck'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
build/core/executable_internal.mk:69: recipe for target 'out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/EXECUTABLES/app_process_intermediates/LINKED/app_process64' failed
make: *** [out/target/product/tulip-chiphd/obj/EXECUTABLES/app_process_intermediates/LINKED/app_process64] Error 1
There is not a single trace of libVE.so nor libcdx_base.so anywhere...
(08-08-2016, 12:31 PM)jonsmirl Wrote: $ cd ../../android
$ extract-bsp
$ pack

Where are these commands located? I got a "command not found" error when trying to run "extract-bsp"
Donate BTC: 3Eav9uqXi8Nx1axb7QjK6xV4km4K9YGv9a
Code:
source build/endsetup.sh
I sure wish I knew about the hidden Update App in Android 5.1.1.  Pine is really S*** about ANY instructions.  If they gave 1/2 of a percentage about documentation as they do design they product would not be such shit to work with.  Once you spend weeks and months finding all the hidden info they hide from you and use the only decent releases the board is really not that bad but you have to spend a hundred hours to make it work, which is not worth it, in what should take 2 hours total since they do not give a shit to supply ANY instructions or documentation.  The hardware is slow but decent for the price.  The support is pure s***.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,713 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,151 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,520 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,863 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,931 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,518 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,291 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,735 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,492 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,762 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus