Pine64 with Keyrah?
Just wondering, would the Pine64 work with the Keyrah legacy-keyboard to USB adapter?
Kickstarter backer #33,414 - Hong Kong, China
(08-03-2016, 10:07 AM)Middleman Wrote: Just wondering, would the Pine64 work with the Keyrah legacy-keyboard to USB adapter?

Probably... will work. (no promises)

Any standard usb keyboard should work with the PineA64 ( have used several).  If the usb adapter provides standard usb 2.0 signals (and keycodes) it 'should' work fine...   please don't hold my feet to the fire...
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-03-2016, 10:07 AM)Middleman Wrote: Just wondering, would the Pine64 work with the Keyrah legacy-keyboard to USB adapter?

I can confirm that the Pine works with the Keyrah adapter, at least it does with mine, which has been fitted to a Commodore 64 keyboard. I've only tested the keyboard with Android so far.

Bear in mind, however, that not all symbol keys will behave correctly, as those on your legacy keyboard of choice most likely will not match up with the symbol keys found on more modern computer keyboards. 

Of all the keyboards in all the land, I've never found one I liked as much as the good ol' Commodore 64 keyboard Smile
(08-04-2016, 04:25 PM)Ghost Wrote: I can confirm that the Pine works with the Keyrah adapter, at least it does with mine, which has been fitted to a Commodore 64 keyboard. I've only tested the keyboard with Android so far.

Bear in mind, however, that not all symbol keys will behave correctly, as those on your legacy keyboard of choice most likely will not match up with the symbol keys found on more modern computer keyboards. 

Of all the keyboards in all the land, I've never found one I liked as much as the good ol' Commodore 64 keyboard Smile

That's actually the plan I have! I have a spare C64 case lying around that I plan to use the Pine64 with it. Should be interesting... Smile
Kickstarter backer #33,414 - Hong Kong, China

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Build an Arcade Cabinet with Pine64? Bleachkon 11 19,973 08-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Ghelorn