OTA file
(08-12-2016, 07:59 PM)Quezbeme Wrote: I tried both the native updater and downloading the update myself. Both verify OK but during the install they both error out. Native updater returns to the recovery screen with a log message saying status error 7 in cache/update.zip. and something about being unable to mount a partition/permission denied to the cache. The manual install has the installing message changing to an error that either says something along the lines of an aborted install or simply "error" and instead of returning to the recovery screen it just hangs so that I have to do a hard reset every time. I've redownloaded both updates a couple times, just in case they were corrupted during download or something, but the native updater keeps the same error while the manual error flip-flops. I checked the recovery logs and I see a lot of "wrong format" comments. That's probably a flag in my face right there ha

buhhhhhhhhh. Dodgy

I'm gonna keep looking/trying but I thought I'd share my experience so far   Tongue

I am having an error during the update with the OTA file. There are so many users with the same problem. What should we do?
(08-18-2016, 03:32 PM)marco97pa Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 07:59 PM)Quezbeme Wrote: I tried both the native updater and downloading the update myself. Both verify OK but during the install they both error out. Native updater returns to the recovery screen with a log message saying status error 7 in cache/update.zip. and something about being unable to mount a partition/permission denied to the cache. The manual install has the installing message changing to an error that either says something along the lines of an aborted install or simply "error" and instead of returning to the recovery screen it just hangs so that I have to do a hard reset every time. I've redownloaded both updates a couple times, just in case they were corrupted during download or something, but the native updater keeps the same error while the manual error flip-flops. I checked the recovery logs and I see a lot of "wrong format" comments. That's probably a flag in my face right there ha

buhhhhhhhhh. Dodgy

I'm gonna keep looking/trying but I thought I'd share my experience so far   Tongue

I am having an error during the update with the OTA file. There are so many users with the same problem. What should we do?
We have asked QA team to recheck again and whether able to duplicate the error mentioned above.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to modify HOSTS file rvalecruz 1 3,283 02-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  I can get Internet Connection, However I cannot download APK File (Kitkat and Lollipo deniyulianti 0 2,227 10-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: deniyulianti
  Access file systems nanoprobe 6 8,239 08-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Last Post: nanoprobe