Digital drawing tablet Huion - proper drivers install
Last night I have to make new image for Pine due to some data corruption problem on SD card.
Then I reinstalled drivers for Huion and suddenly my tablet was recognised Sad Smile but half of it.
As a drawing tablet it is recognised but as a mouse it is not.
Attached is new Xorg log file so you can check it.

Edit: Just checked installation procedure of drivers (ziped archive, manual install):

obj-m := hid-kye.o hid-uclogic.o hid-polostar.o
KVERSION := $(shell uname -r)
KDIR := /lib/modules/$(KVERSION)/build
PWD := $(shell pwd)
UDEV_RULES := /lib/udev/rules.d/90-hid-rebind.rules
DEPMOD_CONF := /etc/depmod.d/digimend.conf
HID_REBIND := /sbin/hid-rebind
modules modules_install clean:
$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) $@
install: modules_install
install -D -m 0644 digimend.conf $(DEPMOD_CONF)
depmod -a
install hid-rebind $(HID_REBIND)
install -m 0644 90-hid-rebind.rules $(UDEV_RULES)
udevadm control --reload
uninstall:
rm -vf $(UDEV_RULES) $(HID_REBIND) $(DEPMOD_CONF) \
/lib/modules/*/extra/hid-kye.ko \
/lib/modules/*/extra/hid-polostar.ko \
/lib/modules/*/extra/hid-uclogic.ko
udevadm control --reload
depmod -a

Should I look for digimend.conf file and hid-rebind where are they stored in the system , but what else ?

Attached Files
.log   Xorg.0.log (Size: 20.63 KB / Downloads: 427)
Hello Again on this topic,

Yesterday I managed to contact Huion and they send me two files: first one was Kernel inux version 150MB size and other was Android driver ? that supposed to work on Unix like systems.

I do not know how to install these drivers (android) because there is mixed strange font for guidance and command sets on english so I have to ask you how to manage this situation ?

This zip file for Android has manual, data written in C and Vendor product ID file.

Would somebody take a look at these files and tell me proper procedure how to install (and is it possible to install) these drivers on Pine kernel (Debian).

I suppose i can attach these files without problem here, else I have to put them on some server and put link to them.

Regards,

Attached Files
.zip   android-driver.zip (Size: 4.37 KB / Downloads: 477)
Hello,
Looks like no one wnat to help Smile
OK I will post again.
I contact author of Digimend drivers and I received suggestion I perform this command
apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
Unfortunately when I did this I received this messages:
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-3.10.102-2-pine64-longsleep'

Suggestion how to fix this issue and try to insta;; linux headers so i can make install of drivers from scratch (tar.gz archive with makefile included)

I hope someone will help me Smile
i ran those instructions through interpreter then cleaned and arrived at following. a bit more understandable, but you still have a lot of work to do on this one. good luck.
Code:
duplicates huiontablet.c
2 to open Makefile to [kernel]/drivers/hid table of contents Copy huiontablet.c to [kernel]/drivers/hid, increases following sentence Open Makefile in the end, before the end of file, you can write obj-$(CONFIG_HID_HUIONTABLET) += huiontablet.o
3 opens Kconfig, "drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig " increases in source, about 60 lines Open Kconfig, after "drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig" (about Line 60), add config HID_HUIONTABLET tristate "Huion tablet" depends on INPUT ---help--- Support for Huion tablet.
4 open hid-ids.h, before 675th line about endif, increases Open hid-ids.h, before endif (about Line 675), add #define USB_VENDOR_ID_HUIONTABLET 0x256C #define USB_DEVICE_ID_HUIONTABLET 0x0005 #define USB_DEVICE_ID_HUIONTABLET2 0x006E
5 enter [kernel]/drivers/hid/usbhid to open hid-quirks.c, in the hid_blacklist syntagma, {0, before 0}, increases Enter the folder [kernel]/drivers/hid/usbhid, open hid-quirks.c, in hid_blacklist struct, before {0, 0}, add {USB_VENDOR_ID_HUIONTABLET, USB_DEVICE_ID_HUIONTABLET, HID_QUIRK_IGNORE}, {USB_VENDOR_ID_HUIONTABLET, USB_DEVICE_ID_HUIONTABLET2, HID_QUIRK_IGNORE}, makes 90th line about Line 90
6 make menuconfig to select Device Drivers-> HID Devices-> Huion tablet open console and enter the kernel folder, the make menuconfig select Device Drivers-> HID Devices-> Huion tablet note: This revision according to the essence edition 3.0, the different essence editions possibly has a difference, please after the actual situation revises Warning:This guide is according to Linux version 3.0, you can modify according to the actual circumstance 7 Aodroid equipment renewal ROM, if the cursor cannot the equipment revolve, please the Vendor_256c_Product_006e.idc document, put the /system/usr/idc table of contents (https://source.android.com/devices/tech/input/input-device-configuration-files.html) After update the kernel of the Android device, you may find the cursor can not be rotated if the Android device was rotated. Please put the file Vendor_256c_Product_006e.idc to folder /system/usr/idc/ (refer to https://source.android.com/devices/tech/input/input-device-configuration-files.html
Uhh, looks like a lot of work to do with suggested files.
Let's make another try:
I also have downloaded Digimend's tar archive that included files for installing drivers manually.
I also tried to run MAKE command as suggested but no luck. I receive Error as you can see below:

debian@pine64:~/Downloads/digimend-kernel-drivers-6$ sudo make
[sudo] password for debian: 
make -C /lib/modules/3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep/build SUBDIRS=/home/debian/Downloads/digimend-kernel-drivers-6 modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/lib/modules/3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep/build'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/lib/modules/3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep/build'
Makefile:9: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2

I also tried to install DEB file but again with no success.

The main problem is:

1. Drawing tablets always are detected as two parts: first is a mouse and second is tablet itself. First part is used for pencil to be able to move around working area and second one is for touch sensitive part of pencil and tablet. My Huion has only second part: It is detected as tablet and pressure of the pen is working. First part, mouse function is not detected at all.
There comes 2nd

2. How to be able to detect mouse part of the tablet so it can be fully functional so I can use pen also for moving cursor ?

Suggested DEB or TAR files should do this job without problem. Looks like something stopped them for fulfilling their objectives to make HUION tablet working properly.

3. I am not experienced user as most of you are so I can't do "magic" things with my OS like you do. I just need help and explanation how to make things work (example: OK, you need to install this and this, then do this and after that try this....)

I tried to contact lenny and his first answer helped me to install linux headers. His second and third answers got two line explanations but he missed the point that I need more detailed answer than these two lines.

I attached TAR archive with all needed data for self installing drivers. 
If some one is willing to see where this error is happening and what to change in order to make things work , thank you.

I laso have deb file but due to restrictions I can not upload it here for now. 

Regards,

Hmmm,
While waiting for help I tried again to install DEB file but now from terminal:

debian@pine64:/media/debian/590A-85EC/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i digimend-dkms_6_all.deb
(Reading database ... 231634 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack digimend-dkms_6_all.deb ...

------------------------------
Deleting module version: 6
completely from the DKMS tree.
------------------------------
Done.
Unpacking digimend-dkms (6) over (6) ...
Setting up digimend-dkms (6) ...
Loading new digimend-6 DKMS files...
dpkg: warning: version '*-*' has bad syntax: version number does not start with digit
It is likely that 3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep belongs to a chroot's host
Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the
kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, any clue for this ? I just can understand last lines Smile

Where and how should I download kernel source for 3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep and install it ?

Regards,

Attached Files
.gz   digimend-kernel-drivers-6.tar.gz (Size: 22.38 KB / Downloads: 465)
I mean this explanation to be helpful; plese take it with the intent provided.

... what you are trying to do is kernel development, and NOT for everybody. If you do not have the skills (not magic) "skills" then you are going to be a very frustrated camper.

The big picture is that if you have the sources for the kernel module that you want you can compile those sources if you have the kernel headers; lenny helped you with that.

Next, if you are going to plug that module(s) into the kernel , you are going to have to compile the kernel with that option available. That's the piece you have left to do; and rolling your own kernel is not a walk in the park, unless you have the skills; and no one can pass those skills to you over the forum. You may need to read a book, take a class, visit a user's group, and especially experiment with it !

But be warned, building and installing kernel modules is a cake-walk for lennyraposo, longsleep, and Xalius; but for most of the users of this forum and almost all of the users on the irc, it is outside their skill-set.

Its not magic; its a learned set of skills that require study, research and practice just like any set of skills. It is NOT a cookbook thing you do from a simple list of instructions typically. And the other thing is, if you get an error, who knows ? Debugging kernel development issues is complex, not something beginners do. I'm not saying don't try to learn it... I'm just trying to warn you that its not as simple as you are expecting it to be.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-04-2016, 08:30 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: I mean this explanation to be helpful; plese take it with the intent provided.

... what you are trying to do is kernel development, and NOT for everybody.  If you do not have the skills (not magic) "skills" then you are going to be a very frustrated camper.

The big picture is that if you have the sources for the kernel module that you want you can compile those sources if you have the kernel headers; lenny helped you with that.

Next, if you are going to plug that module(s) into the kernel , you are going to have to compile the kernel with that option available. That's the piece you have left to do;  and rolling your own kernel is not a walk in the park, unless you have the skills; and no one can pass those skills to you over the forum. You may need to read a book, take a class, visit a user's group, and especially experiment with it !

But be warned, building and installing kernel modules is a cake-walk for lennyraposo, longsleep, and Xalius; but for most of the users of this forum and almost all of the users on the irc, it is outside their skill-set.

Its not magic; its a learned set of skills that require study, research and practice just like any set of skills.  It is NOT a cookbook thing you do from a simple list of instructions typically.  And the other thing is, if you get an error, who knows ?  Debugging kernel development issues is complex, not something beginners do.  I'm not saying don't try to learn it... I'm just trying to warn you that its not as simple as you are expecting it to be.

Thank you for this explanation. I do not expect miracles from everything regarding these drivers I just expect explanation why given TAR archive and files in it are giving error. Digimend's explanation is that if you want to install drivers manually you should first run MAKE and after that SUDO MAKE INSTALL .
This is the point where I ask for help: WHY there is error after executing command MAKE and I have already downloaded suggested linux headers ? 
There must be a explanation for this .
At the end, to include drivers I asked for and also give these for any one here, should be as you said piece of cake for more experienced authors of OS running on my Pine64. 
I can't see point of not willing to do this except "interest" side of someone.
Minutes are lost discussing this matter are enough to build a new kernel with these drivers included in it. And not for me, for every one that want also to make this wonderful piece of hardware work for some purpose.

Looks like no one is willing to help. OK, no problem. 
 Let this thread be open for next 96 hours in case some good person write something useful and help me sloving this problems. After these 96 hours this thread can be closed forever.
i think you are misunderstanding things by stating that no one wants to help. people do want to help. people HAVE helped. imo you have opened a can of worms in a sense that you are unable to understand or fix. so teach yourself how to fix it, or next time do proper research on exactly what it takes to setup a piece of hardware and do not buy hardware that you have no idea how to set up. pretty much no one is going to spoon feed you solutions to the problems you have in life, most folks are way too busy learning how to fix their own issues. but, people here will, do, and have helped you in several matters. but i agree with you, probably best to close this thread.
Hello,
These two days I managed to contact DIGIMEND author and to do some work with him.
I will try to post and explain our conversation and work these days.

Untill then I have to say this: these drivers are PARTLY integrated in existing longsleep's kernel.
What does it means: as I said before, touch senstive part of tablet produced by pen is active, so you can use pressure to make dots, grey scales etc, but in point. Second part, moving (mouse) part, is not active, so you can't use pen as a mouse in order to draw lines, move through pictures, open droplist menus , etc.
This,second part is missing item that I am trying to fix.
How I managed this ? Well I spent 7 hours installing longsleep's Xenial kernel and Lenny's Debian (separately) and experimenting what I will get.
That is why I say I can provide with needed data and perform action in order to make fully work of this unit.
Same tablet works without problem (on Ubuntu 16.04) and that is the reason and potential I saw using Pine64 as a drawing station for beginners together with Debian or Ubunt OS .
It is alive Smile

This driver is made to work on Xenial Longsleep Kernel 3.10.102-3 for Huion Tablet and other ones supported at 
Nikolai Kondrashkov's site https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-ker...s/releases

Available ZIP file at this site is intended to work with kernel up 4.x and above.
In order to make work with lower kernel versions a modification has been made with a assitance of the author (mr.Kondrashkov) 

If you plan to use these drivers on Pine64 development boards please take note:

1.Part of this driver is already included in kernel, but not enough because only "digital" part will work but not mouse (moving with pencil).

NOTE: Before starting described procedures it is strongly suggested to make updates to Uboot and Kernel.

A. When used with kernel stated above at first line, then you should probably face an error running commands " sudo make && sudo make install " saying : gcc: not found
A.1. In order to fix " gcc: not found " please run command " apt-get -f install " . this should fix mentioned error.
A.2. Run again " sudo make uninstall && sudo make && sudo make install " (without quotes of course Smile )
A.3 Enjoy installed drivers and fully functional tablet

P.S. If you left your tablet during installation procedure please disconnect it and reboot system. After booting and log in to system you can freely connect to usb port

B. When used with kernel Kernel 3.10.102-3 but implemented in Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP 2) for Pine64 (www.pine64.pro) then first at all you should do this:
B.1. Make link to Linux headers because it is missing but needed to build drivers:
sudo ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r) /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build
B.2. Make installation of drivers as described in manual (sudo make && sudo make install), disconnect device, reboot and re-connect device.

This should work also on this OS . I did not tested but it should work. Reason i did not tested and complete whole "B" procedure is that I was so unpatient and nervous that things are not going as they should, so I made a new copy on my SD card with Xenial 16.04 ubuntu Sad Smile hoping drivers will be already included in it as original ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Ok guys this is it. It worthed two nights and dosen of e-mail from gorgeus and noble mr. Nikolai Kondrashkov.

NOTE: If you made any updates with newer kernel versions in both versions (Xenial and Debian) then you should again make installation of drivers because they will be unloaded and not included in latest version.

Greetings from Petrika Janeku - Z34PEC

Attached Files
.gz   digimend-kernel-drivers-master.tar.gz (Size: 519.64 KB / Downloads: 377)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How install Qbittorrent on Debian? Callisto 5 9,020 03-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Callisto
  libssl-dev eon't install williamcolls 2 4,969 11-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: dkryder
Exclamation How to install JavaFX tommypine 3 6,420 01-09-2017, 03:21 AM
  install shashlik bilylilyli 1 3,595 11-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Ghelorn
  Install 32bit java Trond 7 9,898 11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Trond
  Cannot install Dstat on Debian Base PineA64 image ywoody 6 7,590 07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
  Debian Video Performance/"Driver" Install Fawks 8 11,096 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Luke
  How to install modules into system? MicroDiery 6 7,439 05-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JamesHarris
  debian fresh install 5/14 mkyb14 3 4,951 05-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Last Post: mkyb14