Digital drawing tablet Huion - proper drivers install
(09-04-2016, 08:30 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: I mean this explanation to be helpful; plese take it with the intent provided.

... what you are trying to do is kernel development, and NOT for everybody.  If you do not have the skills (not magic) "skills" then you are going to be a very frustrated camper.

The big picture is that if you have the sources for the kernel module that you want you can compile those sources if you have the kernel headers; lenny helped you with that.

Next, if you are going to plug that module(s) into the kernel , you are going to have to compile the kernel with that option available. That's the piece you have left to do;  and rolling your own kernel is not a walk in the park, unless you have the skills; and no one can pass those skills to you over the forum. You may need to read a book, take a class, visit a user's group, and especially experiment with it !

But be warned, building and installing kernel modules is a cake-walk for lennyraposo, longsleep, and Xalius; but for most of the users of this forum and almost all of the users on the irc, it is outside their skill-set.

Its not magic; its a learned set of skills that require study, research and practice just like any set of skills.  It is NOT a cookbook thing you do from a simple list of instructions typically.  And the other thing is, if you get an error, who knows ?  Debugging kernel development issues is complex, not something beginners do.  I'm not saying don't try to learn it... I'm just trying to warn you that its not as simple as you are expecting it to be.

Thank you for this explanation. I do not expect miracles from everything regarding these drivers I just expect explanation why given TAR archive and files in it are giving error. Digimend's explanation is that if you want to install drivers manually you should first run MAKE and after that SUDO MAKE INSTALL .
This is the point where I ask for help: WHY there is error after executing command MAKE and I have already downloaded suggested linux headers ? 
There must be a explanation for this .
At the end, to include drivers I asked for and also give these for any one here, should be as you said piece of cake for more experienced authors of OS running on my Pine64. 
I can't see point of not willing to do this except "interest" side of someone.
Minutes are lost discussing this matter are enough to build a new kernel with these drivers included in it. And not for me, for every one that want also to make this wonderful piece of hardware work for some purpose.

Looks like no one is willing to help. OK, no problem. 
 Let this thread be open for next 96 hours in case some good person write something useful and help me sloving this problems. After these 96 hours this thread can be closed forever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital drawing tablet Huion - proper drivers install - by janeku - 09-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How install Qbittorrent on Debian? Callisto 5 9,027 03-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Callisto
  libssl-dev eon't install williamcolls 2 4,973 11-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: dkryder
Exclamation How to install JavaFX tommypine 3 6,421 01-09-2017, 03:21 AM
  install shashlik bilylilyli 1 3,598 11-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Ghelorn
  Install 32bit java Trond 7 9,907 11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Trond
  Cannot install Dstat on Debian Base PineA64 image ywoody 6 7,596 07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
  Debian Video Performance/"Driver" Install Fawks 8 11,101 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Luke
  How to install modules into system? MicroDiery 6 7,446 05-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JamesHarris
  debian fresh install 5/14 mkyb14 3 4,956 05-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Last Post: mkyb14