Image Burn Issue and Power Auto Off Issue
Hi,
I got my Pine A64+ 1GB with a Wi-Fi add on card. I bought an INR 300 worth duplicate Samsung power adapter rated 5V 2.0A. I also bought an 8GB Sandisk Micro SD Card Class 4.

I am having following issues:
1. The default image for an 8GB SD Card on the Pine64 downloads link is not getting written on the SD Card. I tried with Win32 Disk Writer tool and it kept saying that the image size is more than the SD Card size. The SD Card when formatted under Windows 7 shows usable space of 7.2 GB. I then had to use the Phoenix Image and used the Phoenix Card utility to do the Android 5.1 image burn. It was successful. Kindly clarify why it didnt work the normal way ?

2. After the first boot into Android the board, I configured my Wi-Fi and connected to the internet. I connected a wired mouse and keyboard. Downloaded Youtube. As soon I clicked to play the YouTube app the screen went blank. The HDMI signal for still there but nothing was happening. I re-booted the device by powering off and on. This time it showed me a message that Android apps are being optimized during boot. Few minuted after the boot the device turned off automatically. No mouse or keyboard was connected. I re-did the SD card with a fresh Android image but now I am having random screen going blank or the power LED itself going off after few minutes into the boot. I touched and realized that the chips on the board were very hot.

Kindly provide me inputs in solving this, as I am already considering this as a failed investment. Also can you give details of the adapter that you are using Make, Model, Link to Buy and Price in India/Mumbai. This may be a power issue, but I am not sure.

Please help. PS: It was dumb of me to buy the 1GB version, since later while searching the images I read that the Remix OS is suited for the 2GB version and will lag in performance on the 1GB model. Damn shame. Also attaching the image of the power supply being used. It doesn't have option to change cables.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-28-2016, 01:51 PM)Mohit B Wrote: Hi,
I got my Pine A64+ 1GB with a Wi-Fi add on card. I bought an INR 300 worth duplicate Samsung power adapter rated 5V 2.0A. I also bought an 8GB Sandisk Micro SD Card Class 4.

I am having following issues:
1. The default image for an 8GB SD Card on the Pine64 downloads link is not getting written on the SD Card. I tried with Win32 Disk Writer tool and it kept saying that the image size is more than the SD Card size. The SD Card when formatted under Windows 7 shows usable space of 7.2 GB. I then had to use the Phoenix Image and used the Phoenix Card utility to do the Android 5.1 image burn. It was successful. Kindly clarify why it didnt work the normal way ?

2. After the first boot into Android the board, I configured my Wi-Fi and connected to the internet. I connected a wired mouse and keyboard. Downloaded Youtube. As soon I clicked to play the YouTube app the screen went blank. The HDMI signal for still there but nothing was happening. I re-booted the device by powering off and on. This time it showed me a message that Android apps are being optimized during boot. Few minuted after the boot the device turned off automatically. No mouse or keyboard was connected. I re-did the SD card with a fresh Android image but now I am having random screen going blank or the power LED itself going off after few minutes into the boot. I touched and realized that the chips on the board were very hot.

Kindly provide me inputs in solving this, as I am already considering this as a failed investment. Also can you give details of the adapter that you are using Make, Model, Link to Buy and Price in India/Mumbai. This may be a power issue, but I am not sure.

Please help. PS: It was dumb of me to buy the 1GB version, since later while searching the images I read that the Remix OS is suited for the 2GB version and will lag in performance on the 1GB model. Damn shame. Also attaching the image of the power supply being used. It doesn't have option to change cables.

Using phone chargers is not optimal for the Pine A64. The power supply I have seen recommended most often is the official Raspberry Pi 3 PSU (5.1V, 2.5A). I do not know the best place to buy it in India.

Regarding your microSD card issue, simply put, not all microSD cards of the same storage size (i.e. 8GB) report the same storage capacity. Thus, the 8GB Android image does not fit on all microSD card that are classified as being 8GB. There are several threads about this, including this one and this one.

Your problem does seem like a power supply issue. The RPi 3 PSU is white with multiple adapters, like this.
I would add that this is a fast charger which means that it probably some unique circuitry to charge mobile phones at high speed. This is great for phones that support it, but not so good for devices like the Pine64 which do not. I think that @Ghost is right and that you should try an alternative power supply.
This is the power supply link that you should follow.  MCM has EU shipping outlet... don't know how it works, but they do ship.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New RockPro64 Power Up Problem enorbet2 7 4,784 10-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Soquartz - what image for Model A baseboard? kbanfield 0 1,384 10-14-2022, 10:38 AM
Last Post: kbanfield
  Can't get to usable. Hardware issue? chootsmagoots 2 2,024 09-05-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: chootsmagoots
Question Issue installing New OS Using SD Rudy558 2 3,564 06-29-2021, 03:37 AM
Last Post: TfromTexas
  Pinecil power Erincka 0 1,806 03-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Erincka
  Session fails to fully start after unexpected power off during initial upgrade Avron 0 1,877 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Avron
  Power button sdziuba 1 2,349 03-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Last Post: xalius
  PBP won't power. Charge light solid orange/red but turns off. cmicallef 15 11,983 03-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: cmicallef
  Password Issue Doodenheimer 0 2,049 09-27-2020, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Doodenheimer
  howto power hdd via usb3 on rockpro64 hanscees 2 4,977 06-17-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: hanscees