Microphone for Ok Google actions
Is there a way to connect only a microphone (not a headset) to the pine and keep the audio output directed to HDMI on android?

This would be nice to be able to use Ok google and other voice commands. If I connect a microphone on the audio jack, it thinks that a headset is connected and present no audio output.
(07-28-2016, 10:06 AM)moondark Wrote: Is there a way to connect only a microphone (not a headset) to the pine and keep the audio output directed to HDMI on android?

This would be nice to be able to use Ok google and other voice commands. If I connect a microphone on the audio jack, it thinks that a headset is connected and present no audio output.

Did you have any luck with this, I'm in the same boat, I have a stand alone 3.5mm mic and am unable to get the Pine64 Android built to acknowledge the mic is plugged in and hence can't use it for Ok Google.

Just found this and will give it a go (if I have or when I get the bits):-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6AZF8v0FLY
I set up the mic input as per the youtube link I previously mentioned and found that the OMTP configuration worked. Successfully allowing me to "Ok Google" in the Android Pine64 build Smile

New issue Sad, although I got the mic to work, having the headphone plug in now over-rides the audio out, so I no longer get audio through my HDMI connector.

Does anyone know a way to override the headphone plug and force audio out HDMI?
You can have audio jack ( or ) you can have hdmi... but, you cannot have your cake and eat it too...

<sorry>
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Check this, maybe it will be useful - http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/que...h-the-gpio
(08-21-2016, 10:10 AM)Pepe Wrote: Check this, maybe it will be useful - http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/que...h-the-gpio

Have the board developers completely left us?  Did they design a capability for mic and HDMI?
Hello friends...
I'm thinking of making a google home device with my pine64 2GB board. I installed the latest stable android 7.1 built and updated the apps. (including Google). activated the google assistant. But there's a new problem now, I cant connect a microphone. I used mobile headsets of OMTP as well as CTIA versions. Although the datasheet says the 3.5mm jack is in CTIA format, OMTP headset work fine for audio out. CTIA headset gives only blurred sound. None of them work for audio in. Is it a problem with my headsets, pine board or the OS?
As no one is answering my question even after two days, I'm going to answer it by myself. This might help someone who is struggling to find the answer to the same question.

01) Latest Android 7.1 has drivers for the 3.5mm audio input as well as the stereo output.

02) The 3.5mm jack in pine64 board is of OMTP varient (Not CTIA as depicted in the data sheet). You can use NOKIA, Huawei or old Samsung headsets but don't try Apple or newer Samsung headsets.

03) The jack is not a high quality one so you may have to twist and shake a little to achieve good contact.

I'll post new updates of my project of making google home device out of pine64 2GB board.

Good luck.
I have not tried it on my Pine64, but on my other devices running Android 7.1.2, I use my older webcam with builtin mic. It works great, it sits on top of my 65" Samsung TV. It can do Skype and use Google assistant. No more saying "hey Google", just tell it what you want. I control my lighting and control my apps right from my TV with my voice with the builtin mic on the webcam.

I am using my Logitech C310 webcam.
(02-04-2018, 08:50 AM)clarkss12 Wrote: I have not tried it on my Pine64, but on my other devices running Android 7.1.2, I use my older webcam with builtin mic.  It works great, it sits on top of my 65" Samsung TV.  It can do Skype and use Google assistant.  No more saying "hey Google", just tell it what you want.  I control my lighting and control my apps right from my TV with my voice with the builtin mic on the webcam.  

I am using my Logitech C310 webcam.

Thank you for your advice. Wink
1. How can you do it without "OK GOOGLE" or "HEY GOOGLE"?
2. When I activate google assistant saying hey google, my screen turns sideways (portrait mode). How can I keep the screen in landscape mode.?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microphone / Audio In iammackinnon 4 6,128 04-24-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: kenjiru
  Can't download apps off Google Play! Bacon Strips 6 8,378 08-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Last Post: DonFL
  Can't play movies from Google Play Store wappi 11 14,641 07-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Raslin777@gmail.com
  Widescreen gaming in Google Play DwyerSP 1 3,431 06-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
Question no more access to google play bongo 3 3,928 05-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Last Post: bongo
  Problems Connecting to Google Services? GunnerKB 0 1,727 05-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Last Post: GunnerKB
  Google Play Services Crashes balornt 0 2,088 04-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Last Post: balornt