Would you like an advanced add on motherboard desktop like pine.
I would like add on pine.
100.00%
I would not recommend an add on pine.
0%
Not sure.
0%
2 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What now for Pine 64.?? and waiting to buy one, or two or three lol.
Greetings and I am very excited about joining the pine-64 community. I was thinking of getting a pine-64 for pre order but have decided to wait till they are available in a few months and am currently planning on buying quite a few of them when they become available. There are a few things I would like to point out. I was looking at development boards for a while now and a lot of them do not have a cpu but more so the gpu horse power to do what I want to do with them. I was originally looking at a AMD soc to make a media computer and also a bsd wireless router as well as home servers and such. I am a long time Linux and current bsd user and there are a lot of projects I would like to try with Pine-64. As I stated I was looking at the AMD soc systems and they would cost about $200 to $250 to make a box and this is where I really got interested in Pine-64 as Pine looks like its got the horse power to do the same for less money than building an amd soc. As far as low cost development boards are concerned Pine-64 blows everything away in the $dollar to performance aspect. 

As for the future and I must add pine-64 must be careful here not to overextend its abilities to deliver to market. However there are possibilities for pine to extend. There have been a few arm developments of late with and arm and others trying to introduce server arm boards and the like but have had a hefty price tag per performance. I am not recommending a server board but rather it might be interesting to see if it would be possibly to develop a carry on to pine-64 that is more cpu-gpu-motherboard orientated in that it would be a package to build a pine 64 soc type thing on a mother board at a very affordable level. The main part of this would be motherboard like function. This would mainly be in ram, seta, mseta support like in that it would allow for a arm cpu  desktop like mother board ability at an affordable price point compared to anything else on the market. That may be used to make free-bsd and linux wireless routers, Media boxes, game emulators, home file servers and other enthusiest projects. 

Another aspect of this is to include the Linux and BSD communities to get involved with Pine development which already have huge web forum support to get involved such as Ubuntu, Debian, and free-bsd and PC-bsd. There are other aspects with possibilities such ad getting involved with GNU hurd witch is based on the mach micro kernel that could jump start ARM-Hurd micro kernel development. There are a lot of possibilites. 

This may be jump started with a new Kickstarter product as an other development of the Pine-64 like system for home project use. Its just a interesting idea but it looks like the Pine-64 package can deliver this to home users. And the last aspect could be a low cost mini computer with say Ubuntu as a os sounds really interesting.
(01-24-2016, 02:45 PM)Omnios Wrote: Greetings and I am very excited about joining the pine-64 community. I was thinking of getting a pine-64 for pre order but have decided to wait till they are available in a few months and am currently planning on buying quite a few of them when they become available. There are a few things I would like to point out. I was looking at development boards for a while now and a lot of them do not have a cpu but more so the gpu horse power to do what I want to do with them. I was originally looking at a AMD soc to make a media computer and also a bsd wireless router as well as home servers and such. I am a long time Linux and current bsd user and there are a lot of projects I would like to try with Pine-64. As I stated I was looking at the AMD soc systems and they would cost about $200 to $250 to make a box and this is where I really got interested in Pine-64 as Pine looks like its got the horse power to do the same for less money than building an amd soc. As far as low cost development boards are concerned Pine-64 blows everything away in the $dollar to performance aspect. 

As for the future and I must add pine-64 must be careful here not to overextend its abilities to deliver to market. However there are possibilities for pine to extend. There have been a few arm developments of late with and arm and others trying to introduce server arm boards and the like but have had a hefty price tag per performance. I am not recommending a server board but rather it might be interesting to see if it would be possibly to develop a carry on to pine-64 that is more cpu-gpu-motherboard orientated in that it would be a package to build a pine 64 soc type thing on a mother board at a very affordable level. The main part of this would be motherboard like function. This would mainly be in ram, seta, mseta support like in that it would allow for a arm cpu  desktop like mother board ability at an affordable price point compared to anything else on the market. That may be used to make free-bsd and linux wireless routers, Media boxes, game emulators, home file servers and other enthusiest projects. 

Another aspect of this is to include the Linux and BSD communities to get involved with Pine development which already have huge web forum support to get involved such as Ubuntu, Debian, and free-bsd and PC-bsd. There are other aspects with possibilities such ad getting involved with GNU hurd witch is based on the mach micro kernel that could jump start ARM-Hurd micro kernel development. There are a lot of possibilites. 

This may be jump started with a new Kickstarter product as an other development of the Pine-64 like system for home project use. Its just a interesting idea but it looks like the Pine-64 package can deliver this to home users. And the last aspect could be a low cost mini computer with say Ubuntu as a os sounds really interesting.
Thanks on the advise. The next 2-3 months will be focus on KS deliver and observe the Pine64 evolution process. Our main interest for Pine64 as SBC is reduce the 'digital divide' gap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE A64 SBC: Clone of a functional 32GB SD card doesn't boot burningkrome 3 1,512 05-19-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PINE A64 Ubuntu 18 or 20 IMG with touchscreen? burningkrome 0 554 04-29-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: burningkrome
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,777 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Pine A64+ vs LCD do not boot DDS 3 5,869 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM
Last Post: thedu
  Autodetect if Pine unit is a Pine A64+ or PineA64-LTS pkfpeters 1 3,256 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine 64 | 2GB x2 & Acrylic Cases x2 for Sale | Canada - GTA ViperVi 1 4,424 01-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: squidius
  sd format?for pine 64 angegardien 3 7,623 12-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: junkyj753
  Node Red on the Pine DonFL 0 2,733 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: DonFL
Photo Pine A64+ from Kick starter running Pi-Hole netHolio 0 3,206 12-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: netHolio
  NetBSD for Pine A64(+) Luke 3 6,626 10-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: mrgtwentythree