Can't get the feet to stay on!
I always make sure there is no residue or anything but for the life of me I can not get any feet to stay on the pinebook pro. Anyone have any tips?
Someone here used Cyanoacrylate/"Krazy Glue" with success. I used "Tacky Glue" with at least partial success. I've had a few fall off since but not sure if I already glued those or not.

Having lost two feet off one of mine, I got some of those chocolate-bar looking ones from the hardware store that haven't come off since.

I'm not a big fan of using cyanoacrylate for these sort of things. I did recently successfully use it to repair some possibly hundred-and-fifty year old plastic (shellac?).
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(06-03-2023, 10:32 AM)elix Wrote: I always make sure there is no residue or anything but for the life of me I can not get any feet to stay on the pinebook pro. Anyone have any tips?

The one on the upper left, closest to the 5v power input, gets hot enough such that it melts whatever the glue was it came with originally. The rest of them for me have stayed on.

I cleaned all of the old glue off of the rubber foot and the computer with alcohol.

Then I glued it on with a small amount of super glue. It's worked so far.
A hot-glue gun worked for some months; it's in my bag daily brushing up against other stuff though.
(@acruhl: Never had any problems with my PBP getting hot, books/notebooks were pushing the feet off as I put them into my bag).

A week ago I went to the super-glue solution.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good glue for reattaching Pinebook Pro feet rigorist 4 4,826 02-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rigorist