PineTab2 shipping
Just received mine in Thailand.
Received mine right now. Very good package and first look is ok.

But no wireless connection possible.... It does not recognize any wireless lan.....

Sad news..... anyone got a solution/workaround?

I think wireless network should work when shipped to customer, even if this is kind of development tablet....

So, anyone got an idea ? Cool
Thumbs Up 
Also just received mine via DHL in the UK.
Build quality definitely trumps the original PinePhone. Well done Pine64!
I only had to login via console as root to change the defalt user password. (root has no password, so do set one or disable root login)
Using a USB-Ethernet dongle I'm able to get online and post this, hopefully the WiFi drivers aren't too far away.
(06-05-2023, 04:45 AM)hauiproductions Wrote: But no wireless connection possible.... It does not recognize any wireless lan.....

Sad news..... anyone got a solution/workaround?

I think wireless network should work when shipped to customer, even if this is kind of development tablet....

(06-05-2023, 05:24 AM)m3henry Wrote: Using a USB-Ethernet dongle I'm able to get online and post this, hopefully the WiFi drivers aren't too far away.

From https://www.pine64.org/2023/04/01/march-...t-bonanza/
Quote:Danct12 also wanted me to let you know that the Wi-Fi is disabled on the PineTab2 by default due to driver stability issues, so you’ll have to run modprobe bes2600 to get it working.

IIRC the wifi driver issue is rather severe, so don't expect it to work properly anytime soon.

This isn't a kind of development tablet, this current release is/was supposed to land in the hand of developers so that they can work on the software parts.

As is often the case with Pine64 hardware, you should do some research first instead of blindly buying stuff.
The wiki is a good source (next to the blog posts).

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#Known_Issues :
  • The display panel driver is in PineTab2's kernel fork, and needs to be submitted to upstream.
  • The BES2600 Wi-Fi driver needs porting/major cleanup. This is a priority, but for now, you can USB tether a phone or use a supported WI-FI dongle.
  • The BES2600 Bluetooth driver needs to be implemented.
  • The Camera driver needs to be written.
  • Suspend does not currently work due to a driver issue. Suspend is disabled in the factory image for your protection. Caveat Emptor if you chose to unmask the feature prior to it being fixed.
Firstly, Beautiful device PineTeam!

For net, you can use the PBP dock with lan or a simple USB OTG adapter; I’ve got a cheap hama one: #00200311 & it works fine for USB tethering with a mobile.

I’ll post more later, just got it a few hours ago. :-)
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
I was indeed aware that WiFi would not be working when I received it. My hopes for the driver stability to be resolved soon still stand though. I only really need a terminal, editor and a compiler atm.
Wow. great that they are arriving, my finger is sat on the order button waiting for some first reviews Smile Do we know if the SPI is included, that linked wiki page says 'unclear', and do we know yet if the WiFi issue is hardware or only software? Or are there any known hardware issues so far?

btw Just to let you know that the store link for the pinetab on .org site is 404, maybe the previous model?
Anyone know where the kernel development for the various drivers is happening, or where information on this is?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone is interested for a PineTab2 8GB in Mexico? genobraker 0 111 03-06-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: genobraker
  Bricked my PineTab2 using Jumpdrive? jkboyd 2 201 02-24-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: jkboyd
  Castle Game Engine on PineTab2 now officially available michalis 1 727 12-14-2023, 12:22 AM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePhone or PineBook USB-C hubs on Pinetab2? Evergreen 1 612 11-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WEF
  Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all bluemage 5 1,165 09-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bluemage
  What's the MAX RAM you can install to PineTab2? Ptab2newb 2 850 09-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Ptab2newb
  Booting from SD card on Pinetab2 samochimaaron 10 2,605 08-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Pinetab2 without Wifi a comfort extra? Schlucker 8 2,869 07-14-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers clemfandango 5 1,809 07-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Last Post: mtomaschett