Pinecil tip for installing threaded inserts?
Question 
What's the latest update on getting a tip to install threaded inserts?

They're commonly used in 3d printing and the off-the-shelf tip adapters for other irons do not fit the Pinecil.

Example:    

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/threaded-inserts/0278534

The most common size the 3D printing community uses is M3, followed by M2 then M4.

The tips could be made in several ways but I think the second option of the two I've sketched up below makes the most sense:

If there was a tip with element that simply had a m3 screw thread I suspect someone with a welder could pretty easily whip up the varying heads and sell them cheaply online.
I could make them without welding (wouldn't want to weld that anyway) but I sure wouldn't be able to sell them cheaply. Someone with a Swiss screw machine could make them cheap but probably only in the kind of quantities that wouldn't be saleable anyway.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(05-21-2023, 01:16 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: I could make them without welding (wouldn't want to weld that anyway) but I sure wouldn't be able to sell them cheaply.  Someone with a Swiss screw machine could make them cheap but probably only in the kind of quantities that wouldn't be saleable anyway.

They don't have to be threaded - if it was a company manufacturing them that would be nice - but the inserts only need to sit on the tip comfortably.
It's still lathe work, best suited for a Swiss screw machine in high production.

If I were you, I'd get a Sherline and make them on the kitchen table.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
CNC Kitchen now has a set of TS100 - compatible tips.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Pinecil v1 support hakko T12 style tip? xsetiadi 1 1,085 02-02-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SooperPoopyPants
  Pinecil V2 -boards only DrYak 1 1,641 08-30-2022, 03:59 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinecil 24V mod alex_grach 1 3,168 07-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: dreieck
  Broken pinecil (?) sh4ttered 2 2,440 02-16-2022, 01:50 AM
Last Post: sh4ttered
  Idea: Pinecil wood burning tip (pyrography)? ijsbeer 4 5,133 10-29-2021, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal