Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case
Does anyone have a definite, exact, way to get the keyboard working for characters such as '|' which are on the front bevel of the function keys? Please.

There were various posts and threads I followed, which loaded the so-called "userland" driver, which I built, and which I know installed, since it disabled any functioning from the pine phone keyboard.

Some (or maybe all) of these posts come from people who may be smarter than myself. But can we have an exact , EXACT, set of steps? It's just surreal that we have instructions making crucial changes to the boot sequence etc., which also include steps such as "To save changes and close Nano, type CTRL-X, Y, and Enter."

I mean really, they are giving somewhat vague instructions about how to create daemons and drivers, and assuming that a person performing those would need exact keystrokes for how to save a file using nano???? Wow.
(05-03-2023, 07:21 AM)undata Wrote: Does anyone have a definite, exact, way to get the keyboard working for characters such as '|' which are on the front bevel of the function keys? Please.

There were various posts and threads I followed, which loaded the so-called "userland" driver, which I built, and which I know installed, since it disabled any functioning from the pine phone keyboard.

Some (or maybe all) of these posts come from people who may be smarter than myself. But can we have an exact , EXACT, set of steps? It's just surreal that we have instructions making crucial changes to the boot sequence etc., which also include steps such as "To save changes and close Nano, type CTRL-X, Y, and Enter."

I mean really, they are giving somewhat vague instructions about how to create daemons and drivers, and assuming that a person performing those would need exact keystrokes for how to save a file using nano???? Wow.

Got it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12wBDZ9M...sp=sharing
(05-03-2023, 07:21 AM)undata Wrote: Does anyone have a definite, exact, way to get the keyboard working for characters such as '|' which are on the front bevel of the function keys? Please.

Who is "they"? I find the way you are communication very sketchy, considering you're talking about a software developer, who was working on the driver in their free and unpaid time.

There is no valid claim in getting the software or documentation in the your favorable way. I would suggest to make a software and documentation creation contract with the developer. Mind that in software development, it's not too uncommon for software developers to have an hourly rate in the three digits, especially mentioned experts.
(05-13-2023, 09:07 AM)fxc Wrote:

Who is "they"? I find the way you are communication very sketchy, considering you're talking about a software developer, who was working on the driver in their free and unpaid time.

There is no valid claim in getting the software or documentation in the your favorable way. I would suggest to make a software and documentation creation contract with the developer. Mind that in software development, it's not too uncommon for software developers to have an hourly rate in the three digits, especially mentioned experts.

I apologize if it sounded too negative. I myself am a software developer, and I know how hard the job is. I wasn't kidding when I said most of these people were probably smarter than me. "They," I would define as anyone who listed the exact keystrokes for exiting nano editor. I was pulling my hair out and this added to my frustration. But it's all good now and I solved it myself. I was reading a tutorial on Thruster (another thing nobody uses anymore), and I liked the way the writer said, "make file so-and-so look like this". As a vi editor user, I admit to snobbery on the subject.
Hence nobody replied anything constructive to this question for a month, I presume the EXACT instruction does not exist.

I have tried a number of help files for Manjaro, could not make the top row work as intended.

Out of the box, the AltG button just makes a bunch of "~" symbols with all 1234567890 keys.

The closest to success has been

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=16793

... but it does not work either.
An abstract level solution is apparently to convert your Manjaro distribution to use the DanctNIX Arch repositories.

But, although I found a cookbook list of steps to convert from Manjaro, the cookbook did not specify correctly how to renew the Arch keys. And I am not sure if the DanctNIX repository is included.

Instead, I installed a btrfs image of DanctNIX SXMO for the Pinephone Pro. The main partition needed extension using gparted on a USB connection, and the btrfs format had to be explicitly extended. The complete re-installation of the Arch keys was needed. The required Zathura package was not preinstalled, and Megapixels and Surf do not work. The btrfs snapshots are not preconfigured.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slip/Zippered Case for PP/KB? jakfish 0 165 03-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,210 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,511 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Case for Pinephone totilele 12 6,517 11-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Negome
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,902 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,111 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 447 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 562 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM