[Serious] Pinephone availability in volumes?
Hey,

I am open source developer, who has been doing software for Pinephone. It's gaining traction and there are now commercial entities approached me and they like to ship Pinephone with my SW in volumes. I said go ahead, get Pinephones and install SW.

However,

They have been contacting with Pine64 sales, business developers and such. But with little luck. They tell me that Pine64 sales is not responding to their inquiries about volume orders and communication with Pine64 is generally hard!

I just cannot believe this is a case, please DM me an email to some North American business development contacts at Pine64 so I can pass it to these pretty serious actors. Backup plan for me of course is to look into Librem5 or something.
(02-27-2023, 11:00 PM)oobdev Wrote: Hey,

I am open source developer, who has been doing software for Pinephone. It's gaining traction and there are now commercial entities approached me and they like to ship Pinephone with my SW in volumes. I said go ahead, get Pinephones and install SW.

However,

They have bee contacted with Pine64 sales, business developers and such. But with little luck. They tell me that Pine64 sales is not responding to their inquiries about volume orders and communication with Pine64 is generally hard!

I just cannot believe this is a case, please DM me an email to some North American business development contacts at Pine64 so I can pass it to these pretty serious actors. Backup plan for me of course is to look into Librem5 or something.

i do not represent pine org and i do not know inner workings behind the scenes.

may i ask how big quantities "they" are buying, 100, 1000 or even 10000. my guess is that pine production is so fine tuned that there is not going to be giant discounts, not even small ones. if pine org sells big batches, it probably reduces batches for individuals. price might be even higher for big batches, although production could be quicker.
(02-27-2023, 11:24 PM)zetabeta Wrote: i do not represent pine org and i do not know inner workings behind the scenes.

may i ask how big quantities "they" are buying, 100, 1000 or even 10000. my guess is that pine production is so fine tuned that there is not going to be giant discounts, not even small ones. if pine org sells big batches, it probably reduces batches for individuals. price might be even higher for big batches, although production could be quicker.

I don't know the exact details, I think they've asked hundreds to thousands, availability, lead time and pricing. I think they've had some communication with Pine64 sales - but left without replies and confirmations - that Pine64 is actually able to deliver any quantities over single pieces.

I think price is not even an issue here, just uncertainty and professionalism on communication with Pine64.

Pretty frustrating, I have to say.
Try Discord, I don't think Pine staff really monitor the forum.
(02-27-2023, 11:00 PM)oobdev Wrote: Hey,

However,

They have been contacting with Pine64 sales, business developers and such. But with little luck. They tell me that Pine64 sales is not responding to their inquiries about volume orders and communication with Pine64 is generally hard!

Please PM me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,077 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,522 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,478 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,599 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,665 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 991 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma