Did I brick it?
Hi all,

While attempting to re-install Mobian, I believe I may have deleted ALL partitions on my PP64. I had previously installed Tow-Boot to the eMMC and all was well. Now, holding the <VOLUME UP> button while powering up and releasing the volume button after the second vibration, the blue LED illuminates for a second, followed immediately by the red LED which flashes 10 times (along with a vibration for each flash), then the phone powers off. The battery is fully charged, but this also occurs when trying to start the phone without the battery installed (USB cable only). The same thing occurs when holding <VOLUME DOWN> and power to attempt to boot from an SD card. I can't figure out how to do anything to correct this since the phone no longers stays powered on. TIA for any suggestions offered.
(02-24-2023, 03:14 PM)ssilvi Wrote: Hi all,

While attempting to re-install Mobian, I believe I may have deleted ALL partitions on my PP64. I had previously installed Tow-Boot to the eMMC and all was well. Now, holding the <VOLUME UP> button while powering up and releasing the volume button after the second vibration, the blue LED illuminates for a second, followed immediately by the red LED which flashes 10 times (along with a vibration for each flash), then the phone powers off. The battery is fully charged, but this also occurs when trying to start the phone without the battery installed (USB cable only). The same thing occurs when holding <VOLUME DOWN> and power to attempt to boot from an SD card. I can't figure out how to do anything to correct this since the phone no longers stays powered on. TIA for any suggestions offered.

no, you did not brick it. pinephone and pinephone pro works differently than android devices.

pinephone regular does not have spi flash. so, tow-boot will be installed on internal storage memory. if you re-install an o.s in internal memory., you also need to re-install tow-boot after that.

partition means sub portion in harddisk or storage memory. when installing in pinephone, rewriting whole disk is intended, it means all partitions will be rewritten.

in pinephone pro, tow-boot is installed into spi flash.

in android world, deleting or wiping partitions in a wrong way may cause serious bricks. i almost damaged one of my android device permanently.

Bricking is not possible, as zetabeta wrote. Would suggest that you download https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Ju...one.img.xz and flash that to a microSD card using Etcher. Make sure to insert the microSD into the top slot. From there you can overwrite the eMMC again.

Please keep the battery in the device, most distributions won't boot without one or with a fully drained battery.
(02-25-2023, 08:09 AM)fxc Wrote:

Bricking is not possible, as zetabeta wrote. Would suggest that you download https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Ju...one.img.xz and flash that to a microSD card using Etcher. Make sure to insert the microSD into the top slot. From there you can overwrite the eMMC again.

Please keep the battery in the device, most distributions won't boot without one or with a fully drained battery.

I managed to reinstall by re-flashing Tow-Boot to an SD card and booting again. Thanks for the help!