tow-boot installation problem
I am working on getting tow-boot to work on my PPP. I can get it installed, but when I boot it up afterwards it will turn the red LED on, and do the vibes thing, then turn yellow and four vibes, it waits a bit before flashing and vibrating like 10 times, then it seems to turn off. Holding down the up volume it acts similarly but turns the light blue first, before turning red and blinking.vibing a few times, pausing, then doing the ten vibe blink thing and turning off. If its on a charger, it just keeps looping that. If it's attached to a computer it never gets recognized, just loops like on a charger. I have gone through the tow-boot several times, watched videos, paid very close attention to detail and it does it every time. I erased the SPI before installing, and same thing. 

I just got the phone this weekend if that helps any. It was running ok with the default manjaro plasma, I did run manjaro phosh off an SD and attempted to install it to emmc, it took forever and I thought it failed/stalled but eventually it said it completed it. It would not boot off it though. In the meantime I was researching stuff and came across tow-boot as the thing to do to make swapping OSes easier so I went for it and here we are. 

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
(02-15-2023, 03:02 PM)techariah Wrote: I am working on getting tow-boot to work on my PPP. I can get it installed, but when I boot it up afterwards it will turn the red LED on, and do the vibes thing, then turn yellow and four vibes, it waits a bit before flashing and vibrating like 10 times, then it seems to turn off. Holding down the up volume it acts similarly but turns the light blue first, before turning red and blinking.vibing a few times, pausing, then doing the ten vibe blink thing and turning off. If its on a charger, it just keeps looping that. If it's attached to a computer it never gets recognized, just loops like on a charger. I have gone through the tow-boot several times, watched videos, paid very close attention to detail and it does it every time. I erased the SPI before installing, and same thing. 

I just got the phone this weekend if that helps any. It was running ok with the default manjaro plasma, I did run manjaro phosh off an SD and attempted to install it to emmc, it took forever and I thought it failed/stalled but eventually it said it completed it. It would not boot off it though. In the meantime I was researching stuff and came across tow-boot as the thing to do to make swapping OSes easier so I went for it and here we are. 

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

additional info/update. I flashed the postmarket installer to an SD card, booted off that, did the install and everything looked fine. Removed the Sd card and in it's behaving the same as above. Maybe I misunderstood "installer?" Just tried to boot back off the SD and it seems to work there, so I guess I did misunderstand that. Also of note, when I hold volume down on boot, it does turn the LED teal like tow-boot says.
Well, after continued research I finally found a post that addressed the issue. Evidently that first move to flash the emmc that failed was the culprit. tow boot must have a functional OS on the emmc to work properly. I went back and ran manjaro phosh of the SD, downloaded it on the phone, expanded it, ran dd to write to emmc and now tow-boot works. At least it is not rebooting and I am able to connect it to the computer via usb and and currently flashing directly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 43,617 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
Brick Recovery without Tow Boot b34ux 10 1,076 02-02-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: reky
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 18,774 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
  Pine Phone won't boot into recovery mode ninjapig26@gmail.com 3 1,675 02-18-2023, 06:14 PM
  create tow boot .img fox95 6 2,922 10-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: fox95
  No display on early boot after Manjaro update robocone 0 807 07-07-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: robocone
  Latest Manjaro-Phosh and Arch-Phosh won't boot grinzie 6 3,687 07-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Manjaro update, no boot, just noise. wilmarcdw 2 1,595 05-09-2022, 07:24 AM
Last Post: wilmarcdw
  Can't boot from a microSD card WhyNotHugo 5 3,000 04-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: WhyNotHugo
  tow-boot: suspend stopped working maltee 3 2,141 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Last Post: brb78