Armbian RAM issue
I am trying to install a distribution on my Quartz64 Model-A 8GB, but can't seem to make any work properly. I've been used to armbian for quite a long time, so I wanted to use a headless armbian image. After trying images that I built myself, and images build by balbes150, everything always works correctly but the system does only see 2GB of RAM (using free). However, whenever I install Manjaro instead, free actually shows me the 8GB of RAM (which suggests that it is not a hardware issue). I also tried to install DietPi, but the system would always start in read only mode...

Has anyone run into this issue ?
(02-10-2023, 05:35 PM)JambonLeVrai Wrote: I am trying to install a distribution on my Quartz64 Model-A 8GB, but can't seem to make any work properly. I've been used to armbian for quite a long time, so I wanted to use a headless armbian image. After trying images that I built myself, and images build by balbes150, everything always works correctly but the system does only see 2GB of RAM (using free). However, whenever I install Manjaro instead, free actually shows me the 8GB of RAM (which suggests that it is not a hardware issue). I also tried to install DietPi, but the system would always start in read only mode...

Has anyone run into this issue ?
Here is the solution for 8GB of RAM.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid115412

p.s.
Everything works fine on my instance with 4GB of RAM. I don't have a model with 8GB of RAM and no one responded to all my requests to provide UART logs when the system sees only 2 GB of RAM. So I can't fix this problem.
(02-11-2023, 02:05 AM)balbes150 Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 05:35 PM)JambonLeVrai Wrote: I am trying to install a distribution on my Quartz64 Model-A 8GB, but can't seem to make any work properly. I've been used to armbian for quite a long time, so I wanted to use a headless armbian image. After trying images that I built myself, and images build by balbes150, everything always works correctly but the system does only see 2GB of RAM (using free). However, whenever I install Manjaro instead, free actually shows me the 8GB of RAM
Here is the solution for 8GB of RAM.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid115412

I think I read somewhere that armbian's u-boot is problematic and switching to EDK-EFI seems to support that thesis.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armbian and LibreELEC and AltLinux for Quartz64 balbes150 147 57,800 11-17-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: balbes150
  Rrkisp issue with CSI camera input. Randomuser 0 1,387 07-26-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Randomuser
  Armbian on Quartz64 dieselnutjob 34 26,286 03-17-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: balbes150