Anyone else experiencing issues connecting to wifi?
Busted out my PineTab the other weekend to charge it up and update my Danctnix and Manjaro images for it, and I noticed an odd behavior between both images. I was able to see wifi networks, but I couldn't connect to them.

Admittedly, I haven't taken the time to dig into the journal or dmesg to see what's happening, but it struck me as odd that the issue persisted between images, and after updating them (thank goodness for usb>eth adapters!) Figured I'd ask if anyone else has noticed a similar issue.
If your router is located in a remote area of your home, you are unintentionally blocking out a lot of the outside world. Move your router to a more central position if you can. Your home will have better reception if you can position your router as close as possible to the center of your coverage area.
(02-02-2023, 08:49 PM)Haibara23 Wrote: If your router is located in a remote area of your home, you are unintentionally blocking out a lot of the outside world. Move your router to a more central position if you can. Your home will have better reception if you can position your router as close as possible to the center of your coverage area.

It's not the router placement. My attempts to connect to my wifi were within feet of my router. Thanks for the thought, though!
this is long shot theory.

are you connecting with wpa3 access point or mix mode of wpa2 and wpa3?

i encountered issues with mix mode. mix mode should work both with wpa2 clients and wpa3 clients, but it messed with wpa2 clients somehow. if this is a case, temporarily use wpa2 only mode in access points. (revert back in the future).
Not on the Pine tab, but with my PP (Mobian) & PBP (Kali) I was unable to connect at work (Cisco WAP150); after I updated the WAP firmware (EU), everything was fine.

Never did find the exact cause.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(02-03-2023, 09:27 AM)zetabeta Wrote: this is long shot theory.

are you connecting with wpa3 access point or mix mode of wpa2 and wpa3?

i encountered issues with mix mode. mix mode should work both with wpa2 clients and wpa3 clients, but it messed with wpa2 clients somehow. if this is a case, temporarily use wpa2 only mode in access points. (revert back in the future).

no, i'm not using any mixed mode for WPA.

@dachalife  I did notice an update to the UnifiOS on my UDM last night and ran it, I haven't retried connecting yet, but i'll try and do that tonight. hopefully a firmware update is the solution!
unfortunately this issue persists. I broke video on my Danctnix install so I tried running the latest stable ubports image, but it's showing the same issues. Cannot connect to either one of my SSIDs. i'm going to try to get my the arch install to display anything again, and then watch dmesg while trying to connect again. Hopefully I'll see something come up that can help identify the cause.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wifi with caveats frtodd 3 721 02-15-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  PineTab2, Ubuntu Touch and WiFI JMoore 2 492 01-07-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JMoore
Exclamation Pinetab2 Keyboard Issues lockedpotato 0 466 10-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: lockedpotato
  WiFi stopped working, suggestions? pjsf 10 10,655 02-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: pjsf