What is the easiest way to login?
Hi!

I brought an "open box" pinephone (convergence; default OS - Manjaro KDE Plasma Mobile) last week. 
It turned out the seller fiddled around with it and entered a PIN #s.  He does not remember the PIN
#s, thus I can not unlock the phone.  Is there a way to get in and unlock the phone other than
reinstalling Manjaro KDE Plasma Mobile?  Is there a way to factory reset - will that work?  If
I use another bootable iso and change some #s, will that work? 

Bottom line: what is the most easy way to "login".  All I did so far is charge the phone, power it
on, and find I cannot unlock the phone.  There is nothing in the phone - no SIM or micro cards, no
nothing.

Thank in advanced for your help.

Sheng-Chieh Huh
(01-21-2023, 01:31 PM)shengchieh Wrote: Hi!

I brought an "open box" pinephone (convergence; default OS - Manjaro KDE Plasma Mobile) last week. 
It turned out the seller fiddled around with it and entered a PIN #s.  He does not remember the PIN
#s, thus I can not unlock the phone.  Is there a way to get in and unlock the phone other than
reinstalling Manjaro KDE Plasma Mobile?  Is there a way to factory reset - will that work?  If
I use another bootable iso and change some #s, will that work? 

Bottom line: what is the most easy way to "login".  All I did so far is charge the phone, power it
on, and find I cannot unlock the phone.  There is nothing in the phone - no SIM or micro cards, no
nothing.

Thank in advanced for your help.

Sheng-Chieh Huh

Simply reflash the phone. Installation instructions and the software selection can be found here: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#O...ng_systems
See also my answer to the exact same question asked by another user around the same time:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid115523

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phosh 11 stops dead at login after update Rainer 2 2,321 07-22-2021, 04:36 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  Can't login after reboot dpli 2 2,421 05-12-2021, 03:51 AM
Last Post: dpli
  Reset Password Last Night, Now I can't login Phydoux 6 7,114 11-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: ak42
  Passcode to login to Manjaro on Pinephone livanti21 4 11,706 10-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Doodenheimer