How to turn on Pinetab?
Hello,

this has been discussed before and the solution was to do it like described here.

It is said:

Quote:If your PineTab is in unknown state or doesn't want to start: Press power button for 7-8s. It makes a sound and you know it's totally off. 3 seconds after, power button again for 2-3s and it will start to boot.

That doesn't work for me. I also don't hear anything when holding the power button for 7-8 seconds or more.
When I try to turn it on, I see the keyboard's lights turn on, so something happens. But the Pinetab won't boot.

I tried all combinations of pressing very short (1s), short(2-3s) or long (7-8s or more) but mostly nothing happens.
Sometimes it helps to plug in the charging cable. But even for that the Pinetab must be in a specific condition.

Sometimes it takes up to 20 minutes until I manage to turn the Pinetab on.

Are there any new understandings  on how to turn that thing on?
Since it works after it was possible to turn it on, I don't think it's really broken.

Any ideas on how to turn it on the right way?
(01-08-2023, 03:44 PM)jojuma Wrote: Hello,

this has been discussed before and the solution was to do it like described here.

It is said:

Quote:If your PineTab is in unknown state or doesn't want to start: Press power button for 7-8s. It makes a sound and you know it's totally off. 3 seconds after, power button again for 2-3s and it will start to boot.

That doesn't work for me. I also don't hear anything when holding the power button for 7-8 seconds or more.
When I try to turn it on, I see the keyboard's lights turn on, so something happens. But the Pinetab won't boot.

I tried all combinations of pressing very short (1s), short(2-3s) or long (7-8s or more) but mostly nothing happens.
Sometimes it helps to plug in the charging cable. But even for that the Pinetab must be in a specific condition.

Sometimes it takes up to 20 minutes until I manage to turn the Pinetab on.

Are there any new understandings  on how to turn that thing on?
Since it works after it was possible to turn it on, I don't think it's really broken.

Any ideas on how to turn it on the right way?

Hi jojuma,

Which img are you using?

Did you flash sdcard yourself or receive the Pinetab this way?

Make sure it isn't the pine64 'pp' (pp short for pinephone on some img's) version as this will create black screen.
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

I flashed the latest postmarketOS image (for Pinetab) with Jumpdrive.
Isn't the powerup process (or the switch on) independent from the OS?
Because the OS can only boot after the device is turned on.
I thought, that's a hardware thing only...
It looks like, it is a pronlem with the kernel 6.1 (look at "Mobian on PinePhone" thread).
New postmarketos image won't boot on my PineTab too.
(01-17-2023, 11:21 AM)gischpelino Wrote: It looks like, it is a pronlem with the kernel 6.1 (look at "Mobian on PinePhone" thread).
New postmarketos image won't boot on my PineTab too.

But it does boot. It powers up if I plug in the power cable. It also boots by switching it on, I just don't know yet, which buttons must be pressed when and how long, therefore it takes me some time to get it switched on without the power cable, but it does turn on...

Which thread exactly do you refer to? I didn't find it... Thanks!

EDIT: Found the thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,651 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 492 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,840 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,641 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,755 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,441 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,323 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,259 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,617 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,496 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis