PineBuds Pro - pairing from laptop cli - one earbud only
I'm trying to pair my PineBuds Pro using `bluetoothctl` from the command line on my laptop running Arch Linux. I can only pair to one earbud.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Remove earbuds from case. Both buds flash blue repeatedly.
  2. L flashes red/blue; R flashes blue only
  3. Enter bluetoothctl interactive mode with `bluetoothctl`
  4. Scan for devices with `scan on`
  5. Lists bluetooth devices
  6. `pair <MAC address>` labelled PineBuds Pro
  7. Left earbud announces "pairing complete"
  8. Play music. Sound comes through left earbud only.

The earbuds are fully charged, paired, trusted and connected, but I can only pair with one earbud!

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks.

PS The earbuds work fine with my Android phone. The laptop works fine with a different bluetooth speaker.
I have an awesome pair of earbuds but I don't use them.  Bluetooth radiation right in your ear.  As annoying as it is to have the wires your brain would prefer you use an audio jack.
I just unpacked my phone, looks like an audio jack right there on top.
only pairing one ear is a fairly common issue on many sets of bluetooth true wireless earbuds. It's possible that the firmware is just not very mature yet. I know with some sets of these (other brands), you have to time how you pull each phone out so that both are pulleed out of the case within a fraction of a second, or one has to be pulled out before the other or it won't work on both. It's possible there's a quirk about bluetoothctl or a thing to make that work, but I haven't seen it yet. Definitely want to test these soon, I'm stoked about trying these soon. Just need to order some.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting startet wich Pinebuds jojuma 0 263 02-14-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: jojuma
  Laptop as a bridge for Rock64's internet connection dmitrymyadzelets 3 5,361 03-28-2018, 05:24 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Linux laptop rusty377 2 4,301 11-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: pfeerick