Catastrophic failure of bottom screw mounts
I purchased my PBP in late 2019, and I've generally been happy with the physical build quality -- up till last week, when the bottom plate fell off.  No joke. Every single one of the plastic mounts that hold the captive nuts that the bottom plate screws screw into, has shattered.

Here's what came away with the bottom plate:

Thankfully, the PINE64 store will sell me a replacement for the damaged piece of the chassis (aka "PALM CASE WITH [variety] KEYBOARD") but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this particular failure mode.  I'm a little nervous that the exact same thing will happen in another three years Confused
Yikes! I've put some scary torque and stress on those screws on three PBPs numerous times trying to get the cover the seat properly. So I hope this isn't in my near future!
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
I read some where here that the "newer" palm rest ,a less bridle plastic should be an upgrade ,mine is one of the first badges  and totally cracked to pieces and i didnt even use the pbp on a daily base or that much .
i did the hinge modification to lessen the stress on the plastic mounts...but you should be as well concerned about those tiny screw heads forcing themselves through the medal base when torquing those screws . As well not the best metal quality/design ,very thin .... already happened  on mine installing nvme 
 (Maybe tiny vinyl washer between screwhead and bottom cover  would help )
il have to replace bottom and palmrest/keyboard to put it back in prestine condition..lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plastic Failure Atton 1 1,226 08-27-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Atton
  Pinebook pro Hardware failure: how should I diagnose it? alxndr.psclt 5 4,541 09-08-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro screen failure? BBreeziN 1 2,887 01-08-2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: member
  m.2 adapter board screw missing? screamy 4 5,976 07-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: screamy
Exclamation Pinebook Pro Screw Sizes??? TDC_PBP 12 13,336 03-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation Firmware/Keyboard Failure on ANSI PBP Jeremiah Cornelius 1 2,888 02-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Last Post: bcnaz