Big bluetooth problems
Hi Pinebook Pros,

Really old nerd here who's programed in PL-1, Fortran, Pascal, C, and a plethora of other languages. My at-home computers have been Amiga, NeXT, and then anything that would host a Linux OS. I was probably in on of the first 100k users of Linux. I don't do Windoz or Applez.

I found the Pinebook Pro and was able to finally get one about November 2019.  It's been great for these 3 years!  I was able to use the Manjaro Linux and it's been fine, however, I'm more of a gnome or mate guy. Now I have been trying to upgrade for the future.  Many problems!

Let me just say I am a not touch-pad friendly old guy.  That's why I found the thinnest rechargeable bluetooth mouse I could and it was so great I have 2 of them now.  Now for my problem.

First I tried Armbian 22.11 xfce and then gnome. The xfce looked nice. I got networking and ssh'ing working right away. Then I tried the bluetooth.  Everything about bluetooth crashed and burned.  Let's just say I burned and re-burned the microSD with both versions many times to try to configure every way possible.  Translates to "MANY HOURS!"

Next I tried Manjaro 22.10 Mate.  I don't think they had this Mate version 3 years ago. OMG, it installed wonderfully and looks beautiful to me.  Now for the test of bluetooth.  WOW, it works!  I got my, thinest I could find, bluetooth speaker to work right away.  Now for the big problem. No matter what I do, it doesn't see my mouse.  I've re-burned, re-loaded, and re-configured every way I can think of with no luck.

Where do I go from here?

My toy
[Image: NextPro.jpg]
Well, you could try hcitool to get an idea of what is happening....
OR use a regular mouse, wireless or not
Along the same line,, NOT pbp, an intel bt combo chip (& mouse)
Works fine with pclos, mx21, devuan,,,, does not work with any puppy, easy, vdpup...
it is using the same firmware package, at least by long name,, I have not checked md5...
Trys to pair, fails after 5-10s
(12-14-2022, 02:36 AM)wdt Wrote: Well, you could try hcitool to get an idea of what is happening....
OR use a regular mouse, wireless or not
Along the same line,, NOT pbp, an intel bt combo chip (& mouse)
Works fine with pclos, mx21, devuan,,,, does not work with any puppy, easy, vdpup...
it is using the same firmware package, at least by long name,, I have not checked md5...
Trys to pair, fails after 5-10s

Thanks, I'll look into these ideas.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems installing/ booting a different Linux on PinebookPro v-man 3 2,961 03-22-2022, 06:37 PM
Last Post: pentamassiv
  Enabling spekaer/Connecting to bluetooth from command line axisarm 1 1,887 08-06-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: nfms
  Boot problems jessef 11 7,537 05-16-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: djhnsn
  Graphic problems when booting Debian crecker 1 2,864 12-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Last Post: marszal
  How to turn Bluetooth radio off by default SageFox 6 6,992 02-29-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Thovthe
  Bluetooth Headset Der Geist der Maschine 7 6,680 02-07-2020, 03:51 PM
Last Post: roncromberge
  Running into problems while installing RStudio from sources FingO 0 1,718 02-01-2020, 07:05 AM
Last Post: FingO
  Bluetooth Debian Testing wasgurd 15 14,527 01-21-2020, 11:10 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx