Megapixels tuning
(02-05-2023, 07:24 AM)irnemgk581 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 11:40 AM)mburns Wrote: The Megapixels camera package requires libtiff5; libtiff6 leaves megapixels behind. I had to find libtiff.so.5.8.0 in a flatpack directory to install it alongside libtiff.so.6 and company. Manjaro Plasma has also regressed on other libraries required for megapixels. Media formats are a problem now.

Can you provide specific guidance on what you did in Mobian? I can't find this using flatpak, Megapixels won't open

I would type the following command line:
$find /usr -name "libtiff.so.5.8.0"

This needs to be copied to the same /usr/lib directory as where libtiff.so.6 is found. Cd to that directory and do the symbolic link from libtiff.so.5 to libtiff.so.5.8.0.
# ln -s libtiff.so.5.8.0 libtiff.so.5

I have a fresh version of the necessary changes to the config file for megapixels on the PinePhone Pro.

$ diff pine64,pinephone-pro.ini pine64,pinephone-pro.ini.sav
3c3
< model=PinePhone Pro
---
> model=PinePhone
18c18
< blacklevel=16
---
> blacklevel=3
21,24c21,24
< cropfactor=7.38
< fnumber=2.4
< iso-min=0
< iso-max=480
---
> cropfactor=10.81
> fnumber=2.2
> iso-min=100
> iso-max=64000
42,44c42
< mirrored=false
< blacklevel=3
< whitelevel=255
---
> mirrored=true
46c44
< cropfactor=9.48
---
> cropfactor=12.7
48,49d45
< iso-min=0
< iso-max=2047
(02-06-2023, 04:01 PM)mburns Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 07:24 AM)irnemgk581 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 11:40 AM)mburns Wrote: The Megapixels camera package requires libtiff5; libtiff6 leaves megapixels behind. I had to find libtiff.so.5.8.0 in a flatpack directory to install it alongside libtiff.so.6 and company. Manjaro Plasma has also regressed on other libraries required for megapixels. Media formats are a problem now.

Can you provide specific guidance on what you did in Mobian? I can't find this using flatpak, Megapixels won't open

I would type the following command line:
$find /usr -name "libtiff.so.5.8.0"

This needs to be copied to the same /usr/lib directory as where libtiff.so.6 is found. Cd to that directory and do the symbolic link from libtiff.so.5 to libtiff.so.5.8.0.
# ln -s libtiff.so.5.8.0 libtiff.so.5

I have a fresh version of the necessary changes to the config file for megapixels on the PinePhone Pro.

$ diff pine64,pinephone-pro.ini pine64,pinephone-pro.ini.sav
3c3
< model=PinePhone Pro
---
> model=PinePhone
18c18
< blacklevel=16
---
> blacklevel=3
21,24c21,24
< cropfactor=7.38
< fnumber=2.4
< iso-min=0
< iso-max=480
---
> cropfactor=10.81
> fnumber=2.2
> iso-min=100
> iso-max=64000
42,44c42
< mirrored=false
< blacklevel=3
< whitelevel=255
---
> mirrored=true
46c44
< cropfactor=9.48
---
> cropfactor=12.7
48,49d45
< iso-min=0
< iso-max=2047

this did not work at all

I didn't have a pine64,pinephone-pro.ini file and whenI just cut and pasted what you wrote, I got errors. Instead I did sudo nano and tried to create the file that wasn't there, then pasted this in. It also didn't work. It said model wasn't a valid key.

Then it added some lines in after I ran it with # in front of them. I just deleted everything and left the file there and I got a segmentation fault error.

Do I need to compile the megapixels that is on github or can I use the mobian megapixels?

A script for what to do would be great.
At this time, with a screwed up pine64,pinephone-pro.ini file, just delete the local megapixels ini and sh files under your user directory, and then reinstall megapixels.

$ sudo pacman -S megapixels

I have reinstalled Manjaro Plasma and updated it on the stable branch.

So now I have a new slim version of megapixels that does not use the config and postprocess files under the user's directory. The green-gray tint is back.

Instead the files must be modified in the installed directories, under /usr/share/megapixels.

If I do not modify these files, then the alternative is to postprocess the dng files produced by megapixels in rawtherapee on another computer. I did post above links to the profiles for the front and back cameras.
Is there any progress for Arch Linux?
(02-12-2023, 11:57 AM)mburns Wrote: At this time, with a screwed up pine64,pinephone-pro.ini file, just delete the local megapixels ini and sh files under your user directory, and then reinstall megapixels.

So now I have a new slim version of megapixels that does not use the config and postprocess files under the user's directory. The green-gray tint is back.

Instead the files must be modified in the installed directories, under /usr/share/megapixels.

If I do not modify these files, then the alternative is to postprocess the dng files produced by megapixels in rawtherapee on another computer. I did post above links to the profiles for the front and back cameras.

This is on mobian that I am having these problems. I thought with the new mobian package, it would be easy. Do I need to build the new version of MegaPixels on git? Do I still delete the directory and reinstall? I have no idea what I am doing.
(02-16-2023, 07:33 PM)pinephonepromobian Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 11:57 AM)mburns Wrote: At this time, with a screwed up pine64,pinephone-pro.ini file, just delete the local megapixels ini and sh files under your user directory, and then reinstall megapixels.

This is on mobian that I am having these problems. I thought with the new mobian package, it would be easy. Do I need to build the new version of MegaPixels on git? Do I still delete the directory and reinstall? I have no idea what I am doing.

To get a working camera on the ppp, it is possible to use the app "pinhole". Although the rear camera doesn´t work after suspend.
So now, the Camera app works better than Megapixels on Mobian. Megapixels loses exposure control and flash on Mobian, at least with my installation. The Camera app adds its own auto white balance, much faster processing, and video output.
Now, March 1, the rear camera is not working after a suspend, no matter whether on Mobian, Manjaro, Megapixels, or Camera.
The Megapixels app has lost its auto exposure ability, whether on Mobian or Plasma. On Mobian there is no flash feature.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 634 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Megapixels on kernel > 5.19? timonoj 1 1,392 01-30-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Piotr
  Megapixels (kernel 5.19) reports that a config file is missing. grump_fiddle_reinstall 2 1,754 11-30-2022, 07:44 AM
  Megapixels - Camera App - Works w. Beta NOT Pro iwm 3 2,870 11-01-2022, 02:13 PM