Differences bwteeen megi's kernel e sunxi64
Hello, what are the main differences between megi's and sunxi64 kernels, what are the functionalities advantages, privacy and security trade-offs between them?
I've been using arch with megi's kernel and would like to know more about the possible privacy and security problems regarding the wifi firmware as described here: https://linmob.net/how-about-more-libre-...ath9k-htc/
I can't answer your question, but at least differences between kernels are unrelated to firmware. Any Linux distribution which supports the built-in wifi chip will come with the same proprietary firmware. Whether you don't want to trust it and prefer using an external USB dongle which doesn't require closed-source firmware is up to you and should be possible no matter the kernel and distribution used.
PinePhone Beta Edition 3GB RAM - custom firmware v.0.7.4 - ADSP v.30.007 - postmarketOS edge - sxmo
"sunxi64 kernel" by itself does not mean much: sunxi64 is just the internal architecture name for the Allwinner A64 SoC used in the PinePhone. I guess you are referring to some specific distribution's sunxi64 kernel, probably Armbian's? The Armbian kernels are less up-to-date than the megi kernels, e.g., the latest Armbian sunxi64 kernel is 5.15.x, the latest (production-ready) megi kernel is 6.1.x.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linux Kernel development Uturn 10 2,028 11-09-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Megi's Kernel and Battery Life biketool 3 2,143 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
Question Differences in Jumpdrive images. jpaulbiss 2 2,961 09-16-2021, 06:30 PM
Last Post: jpaulbiss
  Brief overview on help to use uboot/usb serial and compile a kernel davegermiquet 1 3,029 06-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Last Post: doniks