Problems to Boot with Battery Only?
Exclamation 
Hey Guys!

I just recieved my Pine64+ (2GB) and ive gotten it to boot with both Remix OS and Android and it works perfectly so far, I only got one problem and its to make it boot with a Lithium battery.

I ordered the kit that included a battery (Big Blue one with Pine64 Logo on it), ive charged it (i hope...: have it plugged into the board while having adapter plugged in?) and my board is lighting up when i got the battery plugged in, but it wont boot, no image or anything, is there anything im doing wrong?

Please help!

Ps. is anyone else having issues of not getting any sound through HDMI while running Remix OS? Works flawlessly with Android OS but wont with Remix OS.

Kind Regards,

Evanidus/Philip
hi, I would allow the battery to charge for several hours.

... start there.

marcus
(07-15-2016, 12:41 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi, I would allow the battery to charge for several hours.

... start there.

marcus

i figured that as much, but it wont recognise the battery through the Pine64, will i need an external charger or can i charge it through the Pine64?
Does your battery have the red, black, yellow three wire cable ?

Did you solder the power/reset switches ?

Did you solder the charge LED ?

The battery should charge when plugged into the board, with the board powered on. If your battery has the two wire cable you will need to correctly wire the temp sensor wire resistor. Charge the battery for 15 hours, first time.

marcushh777
Hi, I am having similar issues.

Running Debian, and when the blue battery (with 3 wires) is plugged in to the Pine board, Debian recognizes it's there. It calls it a laptop battery and even tells you the % charge the battery has.

That being said, I can't get the Pine to run with just the battery.

I have not soldered a power or reset switch to the board. (yet)
Pine 64+ 2GB. Android works OK. RemixOS has been buggy. Debian seems most stable to me so far.

(07-20-2016, 12:46 PM)cantcode Wrote: Hi, I am having similar issues.

Running Debian, and when the blue battery (with 3 wires) is plugged in to the Pine board, Debian recognizes it's there. It calls it a laptop battery and even tells you the % charge the battery has.

That being said, I can't get the Pine to run with just the battery.

I have not soldered a power or reset switch to the board. (yet)

Try connecting the battery, and connecting either pins 5 (PWR/SB switch) and 9 (GND) on the EXP header together for a moment (or the two contracts nearest the edge of the board where the power switch is). The pine64 should start up and run fine then. If it doesn't, then I can't help you, as that is what my board does! :-O

Disclaimer: This is without the genuine battery, and the 10k (it was 10 wasn't it?) resistor trick on the middle pin to allow the pine to boot as I don't have a thermistor on my battery pack.
(07-18-2016, 12:13 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Does your battery have the red, black, yellow three wire cable ?

Did you solder the power/reset switches ?

Did you solder the charge LED ?

The battery should charge when plugged into the board, with the board powered on.  If your battery has the two wire cable you will need to correctly wire the temp sensor wire resistor.  Charge the battery for 15 hours, first time.

marcushh777
Its the blue Pine64 battery with red, black, yellow cables
Ive Soldered the Power Switch,
i didnt get any Charge LED, the board has its own boot LED (red).

The Board is not recognizing the battery when plugged in =S

should i simply let it stay charging for 15 hours even tho it wont indicate its connected?
You need a working OS image for the PMIC to be programmed properly, I would try Android or Remix in that case.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,056 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,490 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,484 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,644 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,949 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,173 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,101 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,286 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  How to boot from the SD card and install to eMMC? ravanh 2 6,365 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  PSCI, u-boot and reboot on Sopine ClusterBoard hbaxmann 0 2,302 09-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: hbaxmann