Any plans to update official images
For those of us who are not software developers, will "Pine64" ever be providing a fully functional, (all ports and parts, wifi ethernet, adjustable video resolution, working optimally) with non android OS for these boards?
I am speaking for those who wanted a harware board for integrating into new projects without having to goto a third party to get hacked images that have to be extracted,made,etc.
(07-15-2016, 10:29 AM)adeneb Wrote: For those of us who are not software developers, will "Pine64" ever be providing a fully functional, (all ports and parts, wifi ethernet, adjustable video resolution, working optimally) with non android OS for these boards?
I am speaking for those who wanted a harware board for integrating into new projects without having to goto a third party to get hacked images that have to be extracted,made,etc.

Nope;  uh, uh. ... no plans for that at all.   Dodgy

... we all plan to use this developmental board in a beta state forever !

Blush

You have two choices: 1) help and be positive, or 2) be positive and help us !    Angel

I prefer (2)...

marcus

PS...  some really smart people are volunteering to work there butts off to provide the fully functional board you are dreaming about.  So, have heart  Heart and stop busting them in the chops...  Big Grin  and they'll get it done a lot sooner !

Tongue

marcus   ( just the mood I'm in today )
I'm aware of the work the 'Community' is doing and I am gratefull for that, and would never dream of dissing them. My problem is the dependance on them by the folks at pine64 for not having a tested and working OS to begin with.
People who have the time and apptitude to develop their working OS and make it available to the developer community are great.

My comment is that the 'Official' pine download page does not have these updated images.
It appears.... like they put up what is considered functional and walked away.
Sad 
i don't want they quickly to update official images , because many times have new images was a bug or other problem can't fix it , i want they slowly working writing  good images for everyone.
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

Short answer to OP: Yes, but it will take time.
More will happen on the os side later this year. It's going slow because of summer break for half of europe and the US as well as issues with some of the AllWinner binary blobs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question +PINEBOOK How to go about setting up your own Jenkins build system for pine64 / pinebook images pfeerick 2 15,711 05-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  A number of Images that I found and work speedro86 0 2,104 12-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Last Post: speedro86
Exclamation Please respond to my emails or update me! I HAVE PAID $400+!!!!! atomicPine 2 4,079 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Wiki Update please norm24 8 10,769 03-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85