PinePhone carrier support in Hungary
I could not get the PinePhone working with Yettel LTE network in Hungary.

The wiki says it is supported. (The entry was added by @dachalife.)

The modem connects to the cell towers (LTE), with good signal strength, and recognizes that it is on Yettel HU network. It also displays some information about the network.

The APN credentials in the Pine64 wiki are correct.
APN name: Yettel
APN address: online
The same information can be found at yettel.hu website. I also asked it personally, and online from the customer support, they said the same. The online customer support also said that the APN setting have to be IPv4 only. It wasn't mentioned by the other sources, so I don't know if it's up to date.

I tried the above settings, both with IPv4v6 and IPv4 bearer settings.
It always fails to connect, and it says “Error: unknown APN name”.

SMS sending works. I couldn't test calls as I have a data-only subscription.
Edit for link & clarity:

Yettel used to be called Telenor and never changed the name.

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_A..._(Hungary)
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(11-21-2022, 06:53 AM)dachalife Wrote: The APN for Yettel is Telenor

Could you post the exact APN settings that works for you?

Do you still use Yettel on your PinePhone?

I have a data-only plan. Could it be the issue?
Sajnálom, a régi Telenor beállításokat kell használnia; elírtam
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
I have tried it with this setting also:

name: Telenor
APN: online

This doesn't work either.

I used Phosh network settings application on postmarketOS.

I will try it with another distro.
After asking countless times from several employees, I finally got a different answer from one. Turns out, data-only subscriptions require a different APN address.
name: Yettel Net
APN: net
Telenor & online is still functional for NE Hungary (Image attached).

Edit: I can't connect through the yettel one, just tried.
(12-14-2022, 11:52 AM)dachalife Wrote: Telenor & online is still functional for NE Hungary (Image attached).

Edit: I can't connect through the yettel one, just tried.

According to multiple Yettel employees, the name doesn't really matter (so it can be Telenor, or Yettel, or probably anything). The important part is the address of the access point.

You probably have a voice based plan, which means that both calls and mobile data are included in your subscription. Then you have to use the “online” access point.
I have a data-only plan, which doesn't include calls, only mobile data. This is most commonly used in wireless routers, and provides the same data bandwidth for a cheaper price (because calls are excluded). I use a SIM card with this subscription in my PinePhone, because I use a separate phone as the main driver for calls (unfortunately, currently the PinePhone is unreliable for voice calls). I have to use the “net” access point for this subscription.
Yettel Hungary uses separate access points for these two plans, and setting the other on either won't work.

The data-only APN setting is not mentioned on their website, probably to avoid confusion, as this is a rarely used subscription. I got the info from their customer service employees.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supported Carrier and Modem Bands NachoMomma 4 1,357 03-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 521 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 157 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 410 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,447 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,733 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,199 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 781 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,600 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,197 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot