My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk
(02-01-2017, 11:29 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The PI bus on the PineA64 does match the Raspberry PI pin-for-pin;  however, it is NOT entirely compatible with the Raspberry PI in terms of peripherals ( on the market ) nor with the minor use of some pins. 

The differences are very minor and can be corrected with external components. The default pull-up ( or pull down ) resisters internal to the Raspberry PI need to be added in some cases on the PineA64 board; not a big deal.

The main pin that is problematic is GPIO(4)  PL10;  PI bus pin(7).   This pin is the LCD screen PWM back-light pin , which cannot be set(ON | OFF) as a normal PI gpio output pin;  nor can it be used as an input pin.

Otherwise,  the pins are pin-for-pin "like" the gpio bus on the Raspberry PI;  The pins can be accessed easily with Python using the RPi.GPIO-PineA64 module found on github posted by swkim01.

RPi.GPIO-PineA64

Oh, and since November, the module above linked now has i2c and SPI.
Thank you sir, exactly what I needed. I was thinking about using my DV Mega dual band radio module, mounts directly to my PI 3, with the PINE. Doesn't look like it will due to that pin you highlighted. It was just experimenting. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - by mcrognale - 02-01-2017, 12:04 PM