Cannot pay with credit card: VISA: "card was declined.". MasterCard: "Bad Gateway".
Ahoj,

I try to buy some Pinecil-Stuff from the webshop at https://pine64.com/. I want to pay via Credit Card.

But I cannot succeed:

* Whenever I want to use my VISA card (and also my other VISA card) (real credit card, not a debit card, issued by the German bank "DKB"), it says "The card was declined.". I can try again and again.
* Whenever I want to use my MasterCard (real credit card, not a debit card, issued by the German bank "Commerzbank"), it says "bad gateway" and on a second attempt "Sorry, your session has expired. Return to shop", then the shopping cart is empty.

Both cards have some SMS TAN set up, so if my bank needs additional authentication, I should be forwarded via the 3DSecure intermediate to my banks site to enter the security information. But nothing like this happens either.

So, what is wrong? When can I order and pay with credit card? (and not PayPal)?

Browser: Firefox and chromium.

Or, can you make the conversion from USD to EUR? PayPal gets really expensive in doing currency conversions.

Regards!

---

EDIT, a bit later: I now got two confirmation emails of two orders with two differing order numbers. So not sure if the order made it through and I just got an error message? And I just wanted to place one order, because of the error message I tried again, so maybe there was an error message despite sucessful payment? I will see soon ... (I already did reply back to the order confirmation email about that issue.)

---

EDIT2: Now the customer service of Pine64.com did confirm and did cancel one of the doubled orderes. And they charge me a 5% cancellation fee, although all the behaviour of their website did make me think that there was an error with payment, which was the only reason that I tried again.
(10-18-2022, 01:21 PM)dreieck Wrote: a bit later: I now got two confirmation emails of two orders with two differing order numbers. So not sure if the order made it through and I just got an error message?

Seemingly even three orders made it through, although I got only two confirmation emails.

I wrote a refund demanding email to their support, see this posting.
(10-18-2022, 01:21 PM)dreieck Wrote: Ahoj,

I try to buy some Pinecil-Stuff from the webshop at https://pine64.com/. I want to pay via Credit Card.

But I cannot succeed:

* Whenever I want to use my VISA card (and also my other VISA card) (real credit card, not a debit card, issued by the German bank "DKB"), it says "The card was declined.". I can try again and again.
* Whenever I want to use my MasterCard (real credit card, not a debit card, issued by the German bank "Commerzbank"), it says "bad gateway" and on a second attempt "Sorry, your session has expired. Return to shop", then the shopping cart is empty.

Both cards have some SMS TAN set up, so if my bank needs additional authentication, I should be forwarded via the 3DSecure intermediate to my banks site to enter the security information. But nothing like this happens either.

So, what is wrong? When can I order and pay with credit card? (and not PayPal)?

Browser: Firefox and chromium.

Or, can you make the conversion from USD to EUR? PayPal gets really expensive in doing currency conversions.

Regards!

---

EDIT, a bit later: I now got two confirmation emails of two orders with two differing order numbers. So not sure if the order made it through and I just got an error message? And I just wanted to place one order, because of the error message I tried again, so maybe there was an error message despite sucessful payment? I will see soon ... (I already did reply back to the order confirmation email about that issue.)

---

EDIT2: Now the customer service of Pine64.com did confirm and did cancel one of the doubled orderes. And they charge me a 5% cancellation fee, although all the behaviour of their website did make me think that there was an error with payment, which was the only reason that I tried again.

I had similar payement issues last summer, with the payement refused using 3 different cards, one blocked by my bank for "security issue" after one attempt. I did contact pine64 and the actual support / answers were terrible, basically saying I had to report the issue to Stripe, pine64 wasn't concerned with this kind of issue... Which is highly debatable. Fortunately no debit on my side after that story.
I believe pine64 made cheap subcontracting to provide online payement solution and commercial support, which is really a pitty. And no way to catch the attention or pine64 leads on that matter.
Maybe not what happens to you, but this happens to me all the time: the payment processing systems that many retailers use, cannot decipher my street address, which contains two compass directions and two Cartesian co-ordinates. (This is the normal and ingenious system of rural addresses in Wisconsin).
It often happens that the retailer will claim that the issuing bank declined the transaction. But usually the record shows the retailer canceling the transaction, except in cases where they take payment but deny doing so (like what happened to you).

Often times, I can submit an altered (not usually the same way) variant of my address to solve this problem.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(04-04-2023, 05:32 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: Maybe not what happens to you, but this happens to me all the time: the payment processing systems that many retailers use, cannot decipher my street address, which contains two compass directions and two Cartesian co-ordinates.  (This is the normal and ingenious system of rural addresses in Wisconsin). positive m words
It often happens that the retailer will claim that the issuing bank declined the transaction.  But usually the record shows the retailer canceling the transaction, except in cases where they take payment but deny doing so (like what happened to you).

Often times, I can submit an altered (not usually the same way) variant of my address to solve this problem.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me (with the street address.) The first time I sent two orders by mistake, and they charged me a 5% cancellation fee.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro and PinePhone Community Edition Different SIM Card Trays dorkydev 2 147 04-11-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Credit card rejected by the bank farleymartinez 4 2,354 12-14-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: fxc
  sd card wear vs partition size guenther 2 1,785 11-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Last Post: guenther
  502 Bad Gateway doelf 2 2,629 01-25-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: ryo
  SD card / Sim slot dilemma zez 3 4,237 12-14-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: zez
  sd card limits cmcanulty 2 3,762 06-19-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: cmcanulty
  Purchasing with credit card blindson76 0 2,706 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM