create backup of os on ppp Arch/Phosh
Is there a easy way to back up the emmc to the sd card that i installed in the phone?  and then be able to re flash this if the main os gets corrupted ?

im relatively decent in finding my way around ubuntu on pc's in VM's, but the arch system i installed on the phone is a bit different and making some mistakes in the file os seem a bit easy to do and break the os.

this possibly/probably has been asked before but im looking for someone who's done this and can give step by step advice on the process.  I'd like to back up my os while its' in good working order now so i can experiment and then easily reload it if need be.

thanks
For me easiest way was to install system on SD card and use it as test setup. I can easily backup entire system or swap it quickly and use different one. This way I could compare phosh, plasma, etc and decide which I like most. I broke few of them but recovery was easy.
(10-19-2022, 12:31 AM)ertizpau Wrote: For me easiest way was to install system on SD card and use it as test setup. I can easily backup entire system or swap it quickly and use different one. This way I could compare phosh, plasma, etc and decide which I like most. I broke few of them but recovery was easy.

i have tow boot installed.  but it appears that its limited to .img files.  ?  i can put a separate os on a sd card and boot it holding down the vol down button.

but i was hoping to find a solution to grabbing a copy off the phones internal storage for future use.

what is "system"  how did you install that on the sd card?

BTW.... so far i have found manjaro plasma awful for speed.   so far Arch phosh is winning in my book for it least amount of crashes and being much much faster. 

whats your experience so far?  i havent tried ubuntu touch yet.  but that's a whole other topic as to how to install on tow boot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Command lines to remove the Phosh UI dorkydev 1 249 02-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nekonosuke
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 743 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 795 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 418 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 546 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 612 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 873 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  How do I tell Phosh that my app is mobile friendly? Barugon 5 1,519 06-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Barugon
  Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability ArchiMark 4 1,294 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Arch Linux Arm DanctNIX complete setup mikehenson 2 2,275 05-07-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: mikehenson