Calamares initialization failure
I am having an odd issue.  When attempting to install the latest version clear back to 20220925 I have been getting an error calamares initialization failure.  I am presuming it states failure because all I can see is Fa.  the error states, "Mobian can not be installed.  Calamares was unable to load all of the configured modules.  This is a problem with the way Calamares is being used by the distribution.  The following modules could not be loaded:  mobile@mobile  mobile@mobile.
I have tried redownloading the file 4 times.  I swapped usb cables.  I can install version 20220327 and it will boot up. However nothing works on that version.  I try to update and get an error.  I go to use the curl -s https://repo.mobian.org/mobian.gpg | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/mobian.gpg but when I install curl it gives me a bunch of weird symbols.  At that point I reinstall the OS. cur I am attempting to install to the eMMC.  I have installed tow boot but I have also tried using jump drive.  I am really out of options and nobody has seemed to put up this issue.  If they have I am sorry I didn't see it.
Hi.
Last week I installed this version of mobian-installer-pinephone-phosh-20221002 from sd card to eMMC. It is also with encryption and I have not installed any other updates. I can confirm that it works well.
(10-19-2022, 05:09 AM)merom Wrote: Hi.
Last week I installed this version of mobian-installer-pinephone-phosh-20221002 from sd card to eMMC. It is also with encryption and I have not installed any other updates. I can confirm that it works well.

Have you installed the 20221020?  There is so much work to get this to update and get things squared away I am affraid of trying it again with the new release.  I am attempting to correct the one I do have now.
Can confirm the same issue. My hardware is a 3GB PinePhone 1.2. The image from September installs fine.

I updated tow-boot, so I don't think that is the issue. I'm open to the idea that the hardware may be the cause.

Perhaps it would be productive if people who have the new image working to post their hardware revision.
(10-20-2022, 11:49 AM)GOOOFBALLL Wrote: Have you installed the 20221020?

No, I have the version from October 2, 2022 installed, mobian-installer-pinephone-phosh-20221002. The last number is 2.
Not zero.
Quote:There is so much work to get this to update and get things squared away ...

It should be understood that mobian is a rolling distro. If you have a problem after installing updates, it is better to find a build that works and not install further updates. That's how I understand it.