Does the pinephone have hardware kill switches located on the outside of the phone?
From what I have seen (at least in the past), pinphones have hardware kill switches on the inside of the phone, it is located behind the battery or something.

Does the current version of the pinephone have hardware kill switches on the outside of the phone, like for example on the side of the phone, like the way how librem phones do?

https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

or is this something planned in the next version of the pinephone?

It makes sense to put it on the side of the phone rather than on the inside as it allows the user to disable microphone, camera etc whenever they are not in use rather than having to open the back of the phone just to do this. For example if I am getting a call I would have to open the back just to turn the microphone on before answering the call, on the librem phone I can just flick the switch and then talk to the person.
(10-02-2022, 10:15 PM)unix21311 Wrote: From what I have seen (at least in the past), pinphones have hardware kill switches on the inside of the phone, it is located behind the battery or something.

Does the current version of the pinephone have hardware kill switches on the outside of the phone, like for example on the side of the phone, like the way how librem phones do?

https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

or is this something planned in the next version of the pinephone?

It makes sense to put it on the side of the phone rather than on the inside as it allows the user to disable microphone, camera etc whenever they are not in use rather than having to open the back of the phone just to do this. For example if I am getting a call I would have to open the back just to turn the microphone on before answering the call, on the librem phone I can just flick the switch and then talk to the person.

switches are not behind battery, but there are behind back cover. these pictures show it enough https://barrelmem.s3.eu-north-1.amazonaw...index.html .

i canont speak for the pine organization. i don't think we see switches outside the phone. someone proposed a hole for back cover, but even in this case, switches are small and inconvenient. i used sim removal tool to switch those switches.

going on speculative rant, would physically bigger pinephone be a good idea! maybe yes, then there is more room for outside switches and for bigger battery.
> But even in this case, switches are small and inconvenient.

But I don't think its that bad if you looked at the librem 5. I think its even more inconvenient to have it behind the back cover then to have hte switches on the back side.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hardware updates ??? aular 0 188 03-05-2024, 08:28 PM
Last Post: aular
  Where PinePhone Pro are Made Tony90 1 364 01-18-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  pine vacuum cleaner and door phone norayr 3 407 01-16-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: hanajijang
  using Zoom on Pinephone andrew907 5 971 12-09-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  pinephone 3 ideas aular 2 683 11-30-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: aular
  New Phone, Laptop and Tablet based on RK3588 Zotax 6 4,130 09-28-2023, 12:43 AM
Last Post: faultyforelimb
  Cryptocurrency payment option and Pine hardware wallet, any thoughts? ohuw67 11 9,769 03-03-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: user641
Exclamation More hardware that needs killswitches HulaHoop 0 1,084 11-17-2022, 06:56 AM
Last Post: HulaHoop
  Does pinephone allow you to repair your own device as easily as fairphone? unix21311 3 1,853 11-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Harolddavies0
  can i install mobian on pinephone? luofeiyu 2 1,233 10-15-2022, 07:31 AM
Last Post: user641