Scaling problem Arch Linux Phosh
I see that an old bug has resurfaced? I have always edited the phoc.ini in the phosh directory to 150% but I see now that after reboot it has returned to 200% default. It appears as though the phoc.ini no longer controls the scaling?
Has anyone else run into this issue very recently?
If so were you able to fix it or edit another file?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
I can confirm. I think it started on the 0.21.0-1 update for me. I haven't looked into it but no ".pacnew" was generated. Saying that, I just tested and it's still ignored on a reboot, like you say.
(09-26-2022, 05:49 AM)cone99 Wrote: I can confirm. I think it started on the 0.21.0-1 update for me. I haven't looked into it but no ".pacnew" was generated. Saying that, I just tested and it's still ignored on a reboot, like you say.

It's only mildly annoying but hopefully it's fixed 'again' like in 2021 where it was reported as a bug.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to know a way to keep the 150% scaling on reboot.
(09-26-2022, 12:02 PM)mikehenson Wrote: I would like to know a way to keep the 150% scaling on reboot.

sudo nano /usr/share/phosh/phoc.ini

Note the values of "2" which are 200%.
Change that value to desired for example 1.5 (150%)
It can be 1.49 or 1.48 as the finest vales are adjusted too.

Ctrl O - then enter
Ctrl X - leaves editor.
On reboot the screen should be at 150% but instead the same bug occurs and it defaults to 200%
I suspect that a script is executed after the phoc.ini has been read and defaults. My guess.
I have been doing some research at gitlab / phosh and it seems to me that phoc.ini may have been dropped. I also noticed the directory tree
phosh/data/phoc.ini
There is no data folder at present. Although the phoc.ini still exists it appears as though it is no longer read by the system.
I once suggested to the Phosh fellows to put a scaling slider in the banner below brightness and volume sliders as this would solve even this issue.
Why they have not done this is a mystery since it is a simple addition to do. Very simple.
The phosh mystery continues ...
I had a look through all the "gsettings" but couldn't find anything.

Interestingly, I copied "/usr/share/phosh/phoc.ini -> /etc/phosh/phoc.ini" and rebooted. Boot got stuck in a loop until I ssh'd in and deleted "/etc/phosh/phoc.ini". Seems to indicate it's still reading the file during boot.
(09-27-2022, 06:42 AM)cone99 Wrote: I had a look through all the "gsettings" but couldn't find anything.

Interestingly, I copied "/usr/share/phosh/phoc.ini -> /etc/phosh/phoc.ini" and rebooted. Boot got stuck in a loop until I ssh'd in and deleted "/etc/phosh/phoc.ini". Seems to indicate it's still reading the file during boot.

Interesting - and it seems as though another script after phoc.ini is being the default value.
For what it's worth I have a second PP with Postmarket Plasma and it is working great. 
I'll stick with that (nicer interface) until Phosh gets it's crap sorted out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stuck between phosh and plasma aular 0 159 02-27-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: aular
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 558 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,045 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 638 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,794 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,760 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 836 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 797 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,055 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,309 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Chief