PinePhone Pro working
Thumbs Up 
Hi all,

I've just got around after months of inaction to doing the initial set up of my PinePhone Pro and installing the latest nightly (20220925) of Manjaro Phosh.

Install was fine, and flashing the emmc was fine. As to was installing updates from the UI - an improvement over the original PinePhone. One hardware oddity I thought I'd ask about here though...

I have the USB-C dongle from the original PinePhone. This worked fine for both a basic USB keyboard, HDMI to a monitor, and as a Network adapter on the old PinePhone.

On the PinePhone Pro though it appears that although the Pro is charging fine (at max 2 Amps too!), the USB keyboard is not receiving power and doesn't work, and the LAN connector although lighting up doesn't seem to be configured to be used by default on the PinePhone Pro. (No 'LAN' connection by default in the network settings, and no IP assigned).

Does anyone know the magic incantation to get the USB keyboard and the Network adapter working with the Pro please? I'd ideally like to be able to look cool on the train and edit code with a usb keyboard attached to the PinePhone Pro whilst placed on a stand I have! (random use case, I realise!). And Not to have to buy the keyboard case (although it does look cool to be fair).

This dongle is not mentioned on the PinePhone Pro wiki page alongside the other adapters specifically for the Pro, so I'm not sure if it's even meant to work.

I've not tested HDMI yet but plan to next weekend. (I'll probably need to do that to see all of the Advanced Network Configuration apps UI! LOL.)

All in all it's a little easier to get started with than the original PinePhone I think. The speed of the device feels infinitely better too - I'm really looking forward to trying it in anger. When I relocate my spare SIM I'll test it for calls and general use too and do a vlog episode on it for my channel. It'll be heavily caveated that this is not a mainstream device, don't worry!

Thanks for making the PinePhone Pro, and I'll report back with any further problems/solutions/suggestions as I find them!
Well, considering that they've advertised the convergence in the introduction video, it should work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2-6Z74W44&t=40s
Pinephone Braveheart
Pinephone Manjaro CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Mobian CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition
(09-25-2022, 11:17 AM)adamfowleruk Wrote: Hi all,

I've just got around after months of inaction to doing the initial set up of my PinePhone Pro and installing the latest nightly (20220925) of Manjaro Phosh.

Install was fine, and flashing the emmc was fine. As to was installing updates from the UI - an improvement over the original PinePhone. One hardware oddity I thought I'd ask about here though...

I have the USB-C dongle from the original PinePhone. This worked fine for both a basic USB keyboard, HDMI to a monitor, and as a Network adapter on the old PinePhone.

On the PinePhone Pro though it appears that although the Pro is charging fine (at max 2 Amps too!), the USB keyboard is not receiving power and doesn't work, and the LAN connector although lighting up doesn't seem to be configured to be used by default on the PinePhone Pro. (No 'LAN' connection by default in the network settings, and no IP assigned).

Does anyone know the magic incantation to get the USB keyboard and the Network adapter working with the Pro please? I'd ideally like to be able to look cool on the train and edit code with a usb keyboard attached to the PinePhone Pro whilst placed on a stand I have! (random use case, I realise!). And Not to have to buy the keyboard case (although it does look cool to be fair).

This dongle is not mentioned on the PinePhone Pro wiki page alongside the other adapters specifically for the Pro, so I'm not sure if it's even meant to work.

I've not tested HDMI yet but plan to next weekend. (I'll probably need to do that to see all of the Advanced Network Configuration apps UI! LOL.)

All in all it's a little easier to get started with than the original PinePhone I think. The speed of the device feels infinitely better too - I'm really looking forward to trying it in anger. When I relocate my spare SIM I'll test it for calls and general use too and do a vlog episode on it for my channel. It'll be heavily caveated that this is not a mainstream device, don't worry!

Thanks for making the PinePhone Pro, and I'll report back with any further problems/solutions/suggestions as I find them!
I suggest to check different distribution (i.e. boot from micro SD )
on my side - 1 BT dongle (that connects wirelessly both  mouse and keuboard) and HDMI - works fine . 1 USB slot is not used )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 0 207 03-20-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: ashoka232
  PinePhone Pro Black Screen CrimsenRaven 2 251 03-16-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  PinePhone Pro Review tmoj 2 417 03-14-2024, 07:14 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 573 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
Question Phone call with the pinephone pro dfs 5 4,002 02-10-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Average Joe review of Pinephone Pro (March 2023) alaraajavamma 6 9,867 01-06-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
Question T-Mobile and Pinephone Pro in the US jydoxcen 4 662 01-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Pinephone Pro Screen Protector jydoxcen 11 1,137 12-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone Pro does not start with RE button pressed c0ssan 10 5,073 09-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: R0bbi3Mack
  Is my pinephone pro worth resurrecting? tckosvic 5 2,824 09-14-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: DaForest