Latest Reliable Mobian Build Confirmation Thread
Hello everyone. I need to do a fresh reinstall of Mobian. Rather than ask just for my own benefit now, I thought it might be useful to have an ongoing thread where we can confirm the latest reliable builds. The Mobian Team continues to make great progress but sometimes updates go sideways for reasons no one could have predicted. Thank you in advance to everyone for your contributions.
Alright.. so this is like the sixth time I've asked across various threads. What is the most recent build of Mobian where 4G, txting, calls & the camera works properly? I gave up on waiting for an anyone to help me last night and installed Manjaro. I hated it. So please can anyone, anyone at all, tell me which build should I be using for a fresh install???
I tried version for PPP from 21.8 and it was working, except call in audio (resolved by update), but after current updates from last week audio and modem seems not working properly. I tried installers from 18.9 (wasnt working at all) and 25.9. (installation finished but phone couldnt boot system). Didnt try earlyer versions.
(09-26-2022, 10:33 AM)mollag Wrote: I tried version for PPP from 21.8 and it was working, except call in audio (resolved by update), but after current updates from last week audio and modem seems not working properly. I tried installers from 18.9 (wasnt working at all) and 25.9. (installation finished but phone couldnt boot system). Didnt try earlyer versions.

Thank you. The last time I remember it woking properly was back in June I think. They had resolved the 4G issue, texts didn't need to be constantly flushed in terminal to be received and the camera seemed fine. Does anyone remember which build fixed the 4G issue? Installing that one is the best I can think of now.
(09-26-2022, 12:10 PM)Katsujinken Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 10:33 AM)mollag Wrote: I tried version for PPP from 21.8 and it was working, except call in audio (resolved by update), but after current updates from last week audio and modem seems not working properly. I tried installers from 18.9 (wasnt working at all) and 25.9. (installation finished but phone couldnt boot system). Didnt try earlyer versions.

Thank you. The last time I remember it woking properly was back in June I think. They had resolved the 4G issue, texts didn't need to be constantly flushed in terminal to be received and the camera seemed fine. Does anyone remember which build fixed the 4G issue? Installing that one is the best I can think of now.

Which image works best for _you_ right out of the box is impossible for anyone else to guess.  I assume you're going to do a dist-upgrade at some point so it doesn't matter so much where you begin - you'll end up at the same place.  4G, calls in general, and SMS have worked fine for me for about a year.
(09-26-2022, 01:40 PM)treebeard Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 12:10 PM)Katsujinken Wrote:

Which image works best for _you_ right out of the box is impossible for anyone else to guess.  I assume you're going to do a dist-upgrade at some point so it doesn't matter so much where you begin - you'll end up at the same place.  4G, calls in general, and SMS have worked fine for me for about a year.

From when I originally installed Mobian in autumn 2021, it was often having that problem where I'd have to go into terminal and manually delete txt msgs that were stuck and wouldn't deliver. This past spring, Mobian had to be reinstalled due to a crash and after that my txts worked fine but 4G didn't work. You can find a thread with people discussing that problem if you look back a couple pages. Then after a couple months 4G got fixed in an update but a couple months after that texts started having the same problem as before. A few weeks ago the modem would keep crashing and calls would drop so I tried updating then the internet wouldn't work. I tried a solution in the forums but that didn't correct the internet issue so I decided it would be easiest to just do a fresh reinstall. I'd just like to know which build is safe to use.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,712 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  No volume control after latest updates Zebulon Walton 19 6,655 09-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Last Post: jessencan
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM