pine phone external speaker
I have 3 pinephones, running manjero, and mobian all 3 phones the external speaker has died, where can I get replacement speakers that can handle what the pinephone puts out. There is some kind of design flaw, or parts problem with the speaker. Rest of the phone works and bluetooth is getting better. But without external speaker can't use any alarm functions, constantly miss calls.
just curious, is the headphone hardware switch toggled? Otherwise idk why your issue exists, and don't know if that would fix it
there seems to be a problem with the connection between the contacts in the frame and the circuit board, tightening the screws worked for a bit, but sound is dead again. The same thing is happining to all 3 of my pine phones, and even the pinphone pro.
(09-18-2022, 05:56 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: I have 3 pinephones, running manjero, and mobian all 3 phones the external speaker has died, where can I get replacement speakers that can handle what the pinephone puts out.

I have a note here suggesting this speaker as a replacement, but I have not had any problems with my Pinephone speaker so have not tried it:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Unique-Bargai.../171945776

[Image: stTdllm5_o.jpg]

(09-18-2022, 05:56 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: Rest of the phone works and bluetooth is getting better.

Do you have bluetooth audio working? I've tried my phone with a few different bluetooth audio devices and all I get out of them is a loud buzz when they connect. Have tried with Mobian and Arch.
(01-06-2023, 07:59 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: there seems to be a problem with the connection between the contacts in the frame and the circuit board, tightening the screws worked for a bit, but sound is dead again. The same thing is happining to all 3 of my pine phones, and even the pinphone pro.

Opening the device (including mid-frame) and readjusting the cable and contacts should be sufficient. That can occasionally happen.

Usually we refer to the speaker on top as the "earpiece speaker" and the speaker on the bottom as "speaker", so mind that speaking about an "external speaker" is a bit misleading here. External speakers would be connected via the audio jack.

(01-07-2023, 07:22 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 05:56 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: I have 3 pinephones, running manjero, and mobian all 3 phones the external speaker has died, where can I get replacement speakers that can handle what the pinephone puts out.

I have a note here suggesting this speaker as a replacement, but I have not had any problems with my Pinephone speaker so have not tried it:

(09-18-2022, 05:56 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: Rest of the phone works and bluetooth is getting better.

Do you have bluetooth audio working? I've tried my phone with a few different bluetooth audio devices and all I get out of them is a loud buzz when they connect. Have tried with Mobian and Arch.

The following speakers would be compatible: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#S...NE64_store

But it's unlikely a defective speaker and rather a contact issue, which can be fixed by readjusting the cables and contacts.
(01-07-2023, 07:26 AM)fxc Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 07:59 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: there seems to be a problem with the connection between the contacts in the frame and the circuit board, tightening the screws worked for a bit, but sound is dead again. The same thing is happining to all 3 of my pine phones, and even the pinphone pro.

Opening the device (including mid-frame) and readjusting the cable and contacts should be sufficient. That can occasionally happen.

Usually we refer to the speaker on top as the "earpiece speaker" and the speaker on the bottom as "speaker", so mind that speaking about an "external speaker" is a bit misleading here. External speakers would be connected via the audio jack.

(01-07-2023, 07:22 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote:

The following speakers would be compatible: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#S...NE64_store

But it's unlikely a defective speaker and rather a contact issue, which can be fixed by readjusting the cables and contacts.

There are no cables to adjust, just spring contacts, not sure how to fix  permanently, it's not easy to rip apart put back together. was hoping the engineers who design this thing would step up with suggestions.
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17448 suggests a failure between the board and the flexi rather than the speaker itself.
hi, using ubuntu touch the audio doesn't work, it remains silent as in the icon with the slash, does anyone have the solution?
(02-06-2023, 03:47 AM)robb777 Wrote: hi, using ubuntu touch the audio doesn't work, it remains silent as in the icon with the slash, does anyone have the solution?
I'm not a Ubuntu fan, I've run mobian Debian flavor, Manjaro arch flavor. I would look for factory test image, to test your speaker. My speakers all failed after 6 months of use, some were the dimpled contacts on the flex circuit board tinned contacts with solder, others were fried speakers, repaired by replacing the frame with speaker.
mmm, at this time I have installed on sd card pin phone p boot, I notice that instead on other distro the self-speakers work..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 935 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,743 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Share The External MicroSD Folders and Files On A Network? pinephoneuser22 5 1,416 02-10-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 791 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,614 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 989 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,418 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Phone Opening Issues LuluFrance 5 2,025 03-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: anonymous