Weird call...
In the last two weeks, since I played with Mobian for a while and a few others and eventually settled on Manjaro Phosh, things began working more or less fine, except two weird things (and more came as I was writing).
- if I don't close all apps, the phone may need to be rebooted. Doesn't happen every time, but does often.
- when I boot it, it sometimes takes two or three reboots until it shows the desktop
- today when I tried to call someone, it reported that she was calling me (three tries, did so each time); worked around it by sending a SMS and then she called me, which went fine. On next boot, called someone else, that went fine
- just now someone called me, and during the call the screen went black (as I assume should be normal), but then when I turned it on and tried to enter the passcode, after three digits the digit buttons just flowed away to the right, as did the indicators on top, leaving me with just the background picture with nothing on it. On next suspend/resume it shows the top row controls, and they work, but the passcode digits and the bottom arrow to show them didn't appear.
- one reboot later it's back to normal.
(09-14-2022, 04:55 AM)Eugo Wrote: In the last two weeks, since I played with Mobian for a while and a few others and eventually settled on Manjaro Phosh, things began working more or less fine, except two weird things (and more came as I was writing).
- if I don't close all apps, the phone may need to be rebooted. Doesn't happen every time, but does often.
- when I boot it, it sometimes takes two or three reboots until it shows the desktop
- today when I tried to call someone, it reported that she was calling me (three tries, did so each time); worked around it by sending a SMS and then she called me, which went fine. On next boot, called someone else, that went fine
- just now someone called me, and during the call the screen went black (as I assume should be normal), but then when I turned it on and tried to enter the passcode, after three digits the digit buttons just flowed away to the right, as did the indicators on top, leaving me with just the background picture with nothing on it. On next suspend/resume it shows the top row controls, and they work, but the passcode digits and the bottom arrow to show them didn't appear.
- one reboot later it's back to normal.

If you can find an older version of Manjaro you may have better luck. The latest versions aren't very good. I would get screen freeze plenty of the time. I seem to recall a version from last year (?) that ran well and consistently however with phone/sound issues but it never froze and always booted properly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
(09-14-2022, 04:55 AM)Eugo Wrote: 1. if I don't close all apps, the phone may need to be rebooted. Doesn't happen every time, but does often.
2. when I boot it, it sometimes takes two or three reboots until it shows the desktop
3. today when I tried to call someone, it reported that she was calling me (three tries, did so each time); worked around it by sending a SMS and then she called me, which went fine. On next boot, called someone else, that went fine
4. just now someone called me, and during the call the screen went black (as I assume should be normal), but then when I turned it on and tried to enter the passcode, after three digits the digit buttons just flowed away to the right, as did the indicators on top, leaving me with just the background picture with nothing on it. On next suspend/resume it shows the top row controls, and they work, but the passcode digits and the bottom arrow to show them didn't appear.

Hi! I added numbers to you issues so it is easier to reply Big Grin

1 and 2 - did you upgrade your system and it failed and then upgradet it again wit success? It is common issue that if you upgrade your system in Manjaro there is some odd sh*t regarding to high level network traffic and the system just freezes.

3. This might be known issue = if you make VoLTE call and the other person is speaking another call Calls/MM/Modem or something the thing you described happens.

4. When someone calls you the screen will go darker (not pure black but darker) when you raise to phone to your ear - this is calibrated trough sensors. I think on this case Phosh or Phoc crashed - so it is "normal" and happens from time to time.
(09-15-2022, 04:13 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 04:55 AM)Eugo Wrote: 1. if I don't close all apps, the phone may need to be rebooted. Doesn't happen every time, but does often.
2. when I boot it, it sometimes takes two or three reboots until it shows the desktop
3. today when I tried to call someone, it reported that she was calling me (three tries, did so each time); worked around it by sending a SMS and then she called me, which went fine. On next boot, called someone else, that went fine
4. just now someone called me, and during the call the screen went black (as I assume should be normal), but then when I turned it on and tried to enter the passcode, after three digits the digit buttons just flowed away to the right, as did the indicators on top, leaving me with just the background picture with nothing on it. On next suspend/resume it shows the top row controls, and they work, but the passcode digits and the bottom arrow to show them didn't appear.

Hi! I added numbers to you issues so it is easier to reply Big Grin

1 and 2 - did you upgrade your system and it failed and then upgradet it again wit success? It is common issue that if you upgrade your system in Manjaro there is some odd sh*t regarding to high level network traffic and the system just freezes.

3. This might be known issue = if you make VoLTE call and the other person is speaking another call Calls/MM/Modem or something the thing you described happens.

4. When someone calls you the screen will go darker (not pure black but darker) when you raise to phone to your ear - this is calibrated trough sensors. I think on this case Phosh or Phoc crashed - so it is "normal" and happens from time to time.

Re 1&2, no, but I know the feeling, happened to me with Mobian. I did the update while sitting half a meter from my house router, and it went fine.
Re 3, okay, so just that I know what's going on. She did mention she just talked with some other guy, and we know him to be very verbose, a call with him is regularly an hour long... If this is the new kind of busy signal, so be it Smile.

Re 4. this did happen most often with the factory default Manjaro Plasma; it was the first time it happened with Phosh.

This is still very far from what I expect from a cell phone - and mind you, I never had an android device, my prevous phone was a nokia e5 on symbian, for 11 years - but at least it's fun and it's the best toy to carry around.
tx!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to hear caller or speak after answering a call danimations 5 3,894 11-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Pinephone craches after each call neithan76 2 1,534 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Chief
  Call waiting issue kmsgli 22 14,189 06-24-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  Can't call or receive calls PJK2012 3 2,748 04-26-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: PJK2012
  phonebook app does not send sms or voice call tckosvic 13 8,329 12-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post: tckosvic
Music Can only hear/speak during a phone call when on speakerphone danimations 4 3,354 10-24-2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: danimations
  How to remove weird desktop/homescreen icons? jojuma 2 2,089 10-11-2021, 01:36 PM
Last Post: jojuma
  Feature request: storing a contact after they call you danimations 2 2,155 09-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: danimations
  [phosh][beta11] audio settings lost after making outgoing call dcinoz 1 1,866 06-22-2021, 03:57 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Call Switching Crosswired food 0 1,469 12-22-2020, 01:47 PM
Last Post: food