Pro Explorer wont power off Shut down
Thumbs Down 
If I plug in the usb-c charger, the phone will automatically Boot ON.
I've tried different methods including cmd power off but as soon as the phone is off and detects "power" it starts

Is this a bug, because it's an inconvience.

Second problem
The battery life actually sucks. I've put the phone in air-plane mode, I don't have a SIM card inserted, and the batter will last 72 hours at best.

I think a better battery would be the first thing to look into, but I guess know I know why you sell "spare batteries" on your website.

I knew I should have purchased a giggle pixel and took a risk with a custom rom, but no, I wanted to support Linux on phones, and the ability to sync phone to tablet, to laptop and home PC, all running linux, with the need for online storage like Giggle and Apple does.
Star 
(09-09-2022, 10:09 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: If I plug in the usb-c charger, the phone will automatically Boot ON.
I've tried different methods including cmd power off but as soon as the phone is off and detects "power" it starts

Second problem
The battery life actually sucks. I've put the phone in air-plane mode, I don't have a SIM card inserted, and the batter will last 72 hours at best.

I think a better battery would be the first thing to look into, but I guess know I know why you sell "spare batteries" on your website.

I knew I should have purchased a giggle pixel and took a risk with a custom rom, but no, I wanted to support Linux on phones, and the ability to sync phone to tablet, to laptop and home PC, all running linux, with the need for online storage like Giggle and Apple does.
>pinephone pro in pinephone section 
>feture is bug when its not
if you want better battery go buy a j7 compatible batery with higer mh , also if you want more dont use your phone as a infotment device but as a phone
"The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race"

(09-10-2022, 03:33 AM)dcc Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 10:09 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: If I plug in the usb-c charger, the phone will automatically Boot ON.

Second problem

if you want better battery go buy a j7 compatible batery with higer mh , also if you want more dont use your phone as a infotment device but as a phone

Thanks dcc
What do you mean  "feature is bug when its not"? Are you saying that as soon as usb power is supplied the device will automatically start/boot up?
(09-10-2022, 08:15 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 03:33 AM)dcc Wrote:

Second problem

Thanks dcc
What do you mean  "feature is bug when its not"? Are you saying that as soon as usb power is supplied the device will automatically start/boot up?

yes if the phone is shut off
"The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  control power management aular 0 396 12-16-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: aular
  Pinephone power consumption figures? girl 5 2,872 11-01-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: tunnelstrong
  Guide to power off the Pinephone on low battery Ulfnic 1 1,511 02-06-2022, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Ulfnic
  Wouldn't boot from SD, now won't even power on thistof 5 3,181 10-06-2021, 01:10 AM
Last Post: thistof
  No Power after install new emmc and front touchscreen chadwick 5 4,085 09-19-2021, 10:43 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  PinePhone quickly crashes unless plugged to power gab 8 6,120 09-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Last Post: gab
  Megapixels wont start Barugon 3 2,498 07-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
Question PinePhone power issues Andrewjneumann 3 4,159 12-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Andrewjneumann
Question Pinephone speaker buzzing whenever power sent to it WaldoTheRanger 5 6,347 10-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pine Phone no power up or just somtimes kxpunisher 15 13,678 02-20-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ksmithaz1