What will you be using your PINE64 for?
Thumbs Up 
Now that the Kickstarter is successful and the boards are pretty much ready to ship, what do you guys plan on doing with your PINE64 boards?

I intend to use mine for an autonomous robot project and I will be posting about it on nanite.co for anyone who is interested in following my progress. Smile
I'll build a tablet with Android and Ubuntu (via different MicroSD cards or dualboot if possible).
The case will be built with Lego Big Grin
One of the main reasons I wanted a P64 is Android and I wanted, like a lot of people, build a tablet about the size of the Pixel C running Android or like a small Samsung Galaxy S6 sized iPod using OpenElec. Then I realized that I could put different Linux based Steam games on different MicroSD cards and make them boot on start up to have my own game library (I would only use non graphic intense games like TF2 or Don't Starve and I would delete some of the programs pre-installed so I could have more performance power) I also want to make my own case so I can place things where I want.

Here is my Amazon wishlist for my P64 I am getting soon https://amzn.com/w/2X9UNKMF8FJH7
I want to use it as my bedroom Kodi player . Also see if I can do a couple of triple booting projects.
I went with the $89 tier with the hopes I can use it as an alternative to buying a Microsoft Surface for just writing/reading articles and light programming if all else fails (I hope it is more lightweight than carrying my macbook around on 1h walks). Part of my research deals a lot with weather sensors for forecasting, so I am curious if perhaps together with an arduino I could do something beyond just crunching data available on the web. I have an interest on the robot aspect of it too seeing one of the PhD students I loop up to has done some stuff on that department. 

This course has just recently pop-up on Coursera (you can actually watch all for free): https://www.coursera.org/specializations/iot so I am hoping I can use the Pine64 with the material of the Rhasberry PI to try things out.
(01-23-2016, 02:57 PM)shockr Wrote: Now that the Kickstarter is successful and the boards are pretty much ready to ship, what do you guys plan on doing with your PINE64 boards?

I intend to use mine for an autonomous robot project and I will be posting about it on nanite.co for anyone who is interested in following my progress. Smile

I will follow. I current have several robot idle in my house. Here-1, Hero-Jr, Cye, and Aibo.

(01-23-2016, 03:14 PM)JulianM Wrote: I'll build a tablet with Android and Ubuntu (via different MicroSD cards or dualboot if possible).
The case will be built with Lego Big Grin

We have try out Lego built case, looks cool.

(01-23-2016, 04:42 PM)carlosviansi Wrote: I went with the $89 tier with the hopes I can use it as an alternative to buying a Microsoft Surface for just writing/reading articles and light programming if all else fails (I hope it is more lightweight than carrying my macbook around on 1h walks). Part of my research deals a lot with weather sensors for forecasting, so I am curious if perhaps together with an arduino I could do something beyond just crunching data available on the web. I have an interest on the robot aspect of it too seeing one of the PhD students I loop up to has done some stuff on that department. 

This course has just recently pop-up on Coursera (you can actually watch all for free): https://www.coursera.org/specializations/iot so I am hoping I can use the Pine64 with the material of the Rhasberry PI to try things out.

If you need more Pine64 for academic project, lets us know. Academic support always is our priority. We have already support several school projects.

... TL Lim
in my case i pick as well the 89$ pledge and weel i'm going to use it as mainboard for my car dashboard ( thats why i was asking for an HD and bigger display :p )

and will be the car alarm brain too, and a few other thinks that will come up in the process
Big Grin
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
I will be using it as my whole home DVR/PVR backend.  Right now I am using my $30 Android stick running OpenELEC and tvheadend as my whole home PVR/DVR backend and frontend.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfdKqnVXlYM
I'll be using two as HTPCs to run Emby from Android.
I'll be using one to make a retro gaming machine
Another to play with in general.
And holding onto two for possible Repeaters.
I think the real power of Pine is 2,5W consumption. I learned about Pine from dutch power-efficient computer forum, where people are trying to get a home Nas or server to work under 20w. Electricity in the Netherlands cost 2x what it is in US, so there is a big number of people looking for savvy HW. Pine seems like a good candidate for home server, once there is some solutions to connect multiple storage devices and efficient networking. So a good option to build something like 8Watt PC

As for tablet application, there is enough sub-50$ android tablets on the market, that come completly pre assembled, albeit less configurable, if at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question External storage problem for pine64 Dani6102 4 1,618 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Pine64 as wireless audio device S265 3 3,154 04-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Pine64(+) and manjaro dsychan 0 1,109 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsychan
Thumbs Down Pine64 was a Useless Project pushpendrak 18 28,312 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 LCD rstcologne 0 3,091 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: rstcologne
  Pine64+ power button PaddyChan 0 2,740 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: PaddyChan
  Pine64 OS dpcons 2 4,896 03-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: dpcons
  Jailhouse supports Pine64+ vj-kumar 0 2,803 02-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: vj-kumar
  PINE64 board not powering up loki21century 2 5,514 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Pine64 not powering up. skylab 5 7,161 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM