What will you be using your PINE64 for?
Definitely planning on using it as a tablet, looking forward to seeing how well the playbox works with the Pine.
VPN server, file system sync service (btsync), cloud print server (cups) and probably a small storage server with samba.
Heart PINE64: StackExchange Community => PINE64 Commmunity Proposal.

Proposal Status Link to Forum=> PINE64 Status Forum
Remenber to Upvote Proposed questions. And give a Follow.
I also did the $89 Dollar Backer kit, and can't wait to get my hands on it, but I am also QUITE interested in the partnership with PicoCluster. How long do you estimate before you will be able to supply them with enough boards for a 3 or 5 node PineA64 Cluster kit?? I would definitely be after one of those as well.

While I am an experienced PC/IT tech, this is my first foray into SBC's.... I am looking to see exactly WHAT one could do with such a multi-node PineA64 Cluster? It will also be a learning experience for me to familiarize myself with the Android architecture. I also have a Dell S2340T Touchscreen and I'd like to see what I can come up with using that with either a single PineA64, or the previously mentioned Cluster. Would love to experiment with it as a Home Automation/Security unit as well. Lots of ideas, but I need to understand the entire platform better to truly realize what can be done with it. I would DEFINITELY be interested in ADDING more modules to my backer kit. Will there be a way for me to do that BEFORE it ships so I can get everything I'd like to have all at once??? Will backers have exclusive access to the available modules first???
(01-30-2016, 04:13 PM)Axeman098 Wrote: I also did the $89 Dollar Backer kit, and can't wait to get my hands on it, but I am also QUITE interested in the partnership with PicoCluster. How long do you estimate before you will be able to supply them with enough boards for a 3 or 5 node PineA64 Cluster kit?? I would definitely be after one of those as well.

While I am an experienced PC/IT tech, this is my first foray into SBC's.... I am looking to see exactly WHAT one could do with such a multi-node PineA64 Cluster? It will also be a learning experience for me to familiarize myself with the Android architecture. I also have a Dell S2340T Touchscreen and I'd like to see what I can come up with using that with either a single PineA64, or the previously mentioned Cluster. Would love to experiment with it as a Home Automation/Security unit as well. Lots of ideas, but I need to understand the entire platform better to truly realize what can be done with it. I would DEFINITELY be interested in ADDING more modules to my backer kit. Will there be a way for me to do that BEFORE it ships so I can get everything I'd like to have all at once??? Will backers have exclusive access to the available modules first???

Heh, seems like you have a lot of ideas!

When you get sent your Backerkit email in a week or two, you will get the option then, at that point, to add additional units, upgrades and modules/accessories. These will all ship at the same time, in the same package, as your kickstarter reward.
AWESOME!!! THANK YOU Smile I'm envisioning a PineA64 5 node Cluster in my future Big Grin, and waiting to see more on the PicoCluster partnership, but I'm sure I will be adding many modules to my kit when the opportunity arrives Wink Can't wait to get started with this awesome little board! Big Grin The PicoCluster kits with the Rasberry Pi's look amazing, I REALLY hope the PineA64 version are built similarly. I am chomping at the bit to play with one of these mini Clusters and see what can be created or done with it.
I'm really didn't have a project in mind when I pledged, the plan right now is to install Linux on it and see how much it takes to get it working for daily nerdery.
For me it's going to act as a media center with :
  • Kodi / Netflix / etc.
  • Storage solution to hold 4K / UHD films
  • Quality DAC for playing music
  • Air remote / mouse

• Home automation software in the background (or on other micro SD)
I am going to make a gaming "console" of my Pine. Using android as OS and sixaxis app to use my two dualshock 4 controllers wirelessly. (Have been testing everything out on my galaxy note 10.1 te last weeks, and it works perfectly...)
With the squarehone.tablet launcher peronalized to the max this is going to be awsome.
I am exited to try the PPSSPP psp emulator on the pine (my tablet wont handle it in a good way. Alot of lag) 
I allso will have SES, GBA, NDS, PSX, N64 emulators pluss all the compatible android games that can handle gamepad.

The case will be a custom made aluminium case with extensions of all the needed connectors to the back of the case.

Main screen:
[Image: Screenshot_2016-02-01-19-33-52.png?psid=1]

Racing games:
[Image: Screenshot_2016-02-01-19-33-56.png?psid=1]

Kids games:
[Image: Screenshot_2016-02-01-19-49-13.png?psid=1]

"Not kid-friendly-games":
[Image: Screenshot_2016-02-01-19-34-07.png?psid=1]

Settings:
[Image: Screenshot_2016-02-01-19-34-17.png?psid=1]
(01-30-2016, 04:13 PM)Axeman098 Wrote: I also did the $89 Dollar Backer kit, and can't wait to get my hands on it, but I am also QUITE interested in the partnership with PicoCluster. How long do you estimate before you will be able to supply them with enough boards for a 3 or 5 node PineA64 Cluster kit?? I would definitely be after one of those as well.

We have 3 nodes that we're working with right now to build enclosures for. We'll post progress on the designs as we can. For most of the stuff we're looking at, we need a stable Linux distro. A lot of that will fall on Pine's shoulders. Once we get a stable linux, we can start publishing benchmarks for everyone.

(01-30-2016, 04:33 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Heh, seems like you have a lot of ideas!

When you get sent your Backerkit email in a week or two, you will get the option then, at that point, to add additional units, upgrades and modules/accessories. These will all ship at the same time, in the same package, as your kickstarter reward.

SkairkrohBule,

Like your M.U.L.E Smile
PicoCluster Team
info@picocluster.com
picocluster.com
Many thanks for the update. Cant wait to see it and see the Clusters in action!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question External storage problem for pine64 Dani6102 4 1,721 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Pine64 as wireless audio device S265 3 3,268 04-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Pine64(+) and manjaro dsychan 0 1,156 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsychan
Thumbs Down Pine64 was a Useless Project pushpendrak 18 28,771 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 LCD rstcologne 0 3,128 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: rstcologne
  Pine64+ power button PaddyChan 0 2,780 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: PaddyChan
  Pine64 OS dpcons 2 4,962 03-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: dpcons
  Jailhouse supports Pine64+ vj-kumar 0 2,839 02-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: vj-kumar
  PINE64 board not powering up loki21century 2 5,596 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Pine64 not powering up. skylab 5 7,272 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM