Forcing app to work in background - phosh
Dear community.
I could not google the answer to my question. There are default apps for Calls (gnome calls) and SMS (chatty) that keep working in background.  How do I add another app same way to be always active ? I wanted to use fractal for matrix, but once the app UI is closed, the process is killed, so it does not receive new messages until its manualy open. Can it be forced in background same as Calls and Chatty?
(09-01-2022, 01:52 AM)saddamus Wrote: Dear community.
I could not google the answer to my question. There are default apps for Calls (gnome calls) and SMS (chatty) that keep working in background.  How do I add another app same way to be always active ? I wanted to use fractal for matrix, but once the app UI is closed, the process is killed, so it does not receive new messages until its manualy open. Can it be forced in background same as Calls and Chatty?

yes, the background programs takes more then half screen -

not like in android that its hidden and you have to press the bottom left to see it

but you can leave them open

ezik
Not sure if this answer is claryfying enough. Mentioned Chatty and Calls do not need to be left open (their UI part). Even if I wipe them out, their PIDs remain in background and apps popup on new message or call. Isn't there a way to force other apps working like this ?
i think there is - by editing the code

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How does customs duty and import VAT work? julie john 2 2,728 09-04-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Will the Pine Phone 64 work in Germany? costa 6 6,398 07-31-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: dancingqueen74