MicroSD card won't format
I received the board a little over a week ago (A64+, 1GB). I ordered the board with an 32 GB sd card and had selected to have android installed, but now I want to make a Ubuntu disk but when I try to format the disk, before I get to the Unetbootin step, I get an error. I'm on Ubuntu (cinnamon) and using the disks utility where I receive the following error:

Quote:Error synchronizing after initial wipe: Timed out waiting for object (udisks-error-quark, 0)

I'm not sure what my next step should be. Has anyone come across this error and have a solution or have a solution anyway, I looked at fdisk but after reading the man was still not quite clear on the usage.... Huh  (still somewhat of a linux newbie, fan but newbie)

Any help would be appreciated.
Can you be a bit more specific please, what tool / commandline and image are you using? Also did you move the write-protect switch on your sdcard-adapter to the off position?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
Hey Andr3w

I suggest doing this ...
Use gparted to format the drive:
1) select your SD from the drop-down menu on the right
2) make sure its unmounted by right click partition -> unmount  
3) right click again -> format to -> (id go with fat32)
4) hit the tick / accept on the top of the panel.

Now try again.
You could also use 'Disks' or something similar instead as well to burn the image.  
With Disks you can use the restore function to burn the image (see picture in attachment)
If this doesn't work and you still have problems seek me out in the IRC Smile

Cheers

You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashing SD card over USB ccben 5 8,558 07-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: ccben
  How do I change the default sound card? zirconx 2 5,321 10-02-2016, 05:10 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  microSD card performance comparison falk.ben@gmail.com 14 22,376 06-21-2016, 03:10 AM
Last Post: simonritchie
  Making a Ubuntu Server image for SD Card insignia96 3 6,510 04-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: insignia96
  How to get Ubuntu SD Card Bob123456789 7 10,535 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Ghost