Lot of issues after flashing mobian to emmc with tow-boot
Actually I'm really disappointed by my pinepkone and mobian........I'm not at all a kind of nerd, but since years I have debian on my PC and I love it and get by with almost everything I need to do with a PC( ......running a local radio station, radioshows, DJing).
For DJing the pinephone with its docking box was my favourite tool, I recommended the pinephone with mobian as OS to a lot of people.

Now after having flashed mobian to the emmc via Tow-boot a lot of things are working no more or behave strange:

low disk space
no access to some apps
most apps you ve to start and restart and restart........
no email client
can not install apps I would need like: unzip, disks etc...............................

The most strange thing is, even mobian should have being flashed to the emmc, mobian does not start up when the sd card is removed, the red light is blinking than red goes yellow and is endlessly blinking, nothing else is happening.

So what to do?

I' m missing a clear step by step guide to flash mobian with tow boot, reading other posts about those issues I've to notice there is some confusion about it?

What is the most stable mobian-img actually?

Thanx a lot for any help!
(08-24-2022, 04:23 AM)benedikt55 Wrote: Actually I'm really disappointed by my pinepkone and mobian........I'm not at all a kind of nerd, but since years I have debian on my PC and I love it and get by with almost everything I need to do with a PC( ......running a local radio station, radioshows, DJing).
For DJing the pinephone with its docking box was my favourite tool, I recommended the pinephone with mobian as OS to a lot of people.

Now after having flashed mobian to the emmc via Tow-boot a lot of things are working no more or behave strange:

low disk space
no access to some apps
no email client
can not install apps I would need like: unzip, disks etc...............................

The most strange thing is, even mobian should have being flashed to the emmc, mobian does not start up when the sd card is removed, the red light is blinking than red goes yellow and is endlessly blinking, nothing else is happening.

So what to do?

I' m missing a clear step by step guide to flash mobian with tow boot, reading other posts about those issues I've to notice there is some confusion about it?

Here you can find more info of how to install mobian with tow-boot: https://wiki.mobian.org/doku.php?id=install-linux
(08-24-2022, 04:51 AM)user641 Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 04:23 AM)benedikt55 Wrote: Actually I'm really disappointed by my pinepkone and mobian........I'm not at all a kind of nerd, but since years I have debian on my PC and I love it and get by with almost everything I need to do with a PC( ......running a local radio station, radioshows, DJing).

low disk space
no access to some apps
no email client

So what to do?

Here you can find more info of how to install mobian with tow-boot: https://wiki.mobian.org/doku.php?id=install-linux

thank you, but I followed this instructions.
According to its recommendations I should  go for the weekly builds? This one: mobian-pinephone-phosh-20220821.img.gz ?
(08-24-2022, 05:54 AM)benedikt55 Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 04:51 AM)user641 Wrote:

low disk space
no access to some apps
no email client

So what to do?

thank you, but I followed this instructions.
According to its recommendations I should  go for the weekly builds? This one: mobian-pinephone-phosh-20220821.img.gz ?

weekly if you don't want to install it with luks encryption, with luks encryption use the installer option:
https://images.mobian.org/pinephone/
So, thank you, the emmc is flashed now, mobian is working, but still some issues:

a lot of apps I've to start 2 or more times to make them run, f.e. firefox
with settings the same, but in settings f.e. clicking "sound" makes setting quitting as soon as I click on it( which is a no-go for DJing)
same with weather, as soon as I try to type in location it disappears

sd card is not shown, maybe I misunderstand this post-installation- advise below?

"The SD card will be automatically mounted on demand, using the path /media/sdcard. There is no need to change fstab or anything else"

No way to get the Software- catalogue......it begins to load, after having loaded about 70% it disappears.............I need urgently a mail-client and disks

So I need your help please................
SOLVED!!
Having done flashing again everything I want is working perfect...........
Don't know what went wrong, I'm pretty sure I did everything alright, so I guess it was somehow a "transfer- failure"?
Thanx!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,712 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  How to check if tow-boot is installed? jojuma 3 806 09-29-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tllim
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM