The settings icon disappeared
The settings icon disappeared after the last update.
Yes, indeed. Now I have no way to remove the extra keyboard layout that I added for testing.

Other things broken:
- address book exits whenever I touch any of the buttons or just move to next field. If it was the save button, changes don't get saved.
- megapixels app also exits on any button
Yes, there appears to be a conflict with other packages so the settings application has been uninstalled. I now have to try and navigate the terminal at 200% scaling to be able to reset the display back to 100% scaling. I find Phosh unusable at 200%. Or I can just leave my Pine Phone Pro alone until the issue is resolved by another update.

That's the last time I do a dist-upgrade before checking for problems. Fortunately I have not dist-upgrade-d my Pine Phone. I will wait before doing that.

In addition the new version of Phosh has changed the way you get to the screen to swipe away applications to close them. Previously you could tap at the bottom now you have to swipe up and swipe up again. So this doubles the distance your fingers have to travel to close an application. It's just another crappy annoyance. 

Please can the old way of closing apps be return or, if not, can we have a "X" icon on the titlebar of each window so we can just tap once to close windows?

Oh and Firefox barfed after updating and restarting itself taking down the whole OS and turning off the phone.

I guess the time has come for me to flash PostmarketOS to the eMMC on my PP Pro and see if I can get the xfce desktop up and running.
I suspect it is also a .conf file issue as I wiped/reinstalled the image from 14-8 and when I wrote my /home onto that image and the settings worked before but crashes after.
here is the guide: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17205
In addition you can no longer just tap right at the top to get the drawer with Wifi/4G etc and volume and brightness controls to slide down. You now have to slide it down  Dodgy

"Success should not be measured by the amount of change inflicted on others." 

I will shuffle off and be grumpy somewhere else for a while.

I guess I am lucky that I found shortly before I was about to buy two more PinePhones. Now I will wait to see how my experiments with PostmarketOS go before I spend any more money.
(08-22-2022, 12:24 PM)grump_fiddle_reinstall Wrote: In addition you can no longer just tap right at the top to get the drawer with Wifi/4G etc and volume and brightness controls to slide down. You now have to slide it down  Dodgy

"Success should not be measured by the amount of change inflicted on others." 

I will shuffle off and be grumpy somewhere else for a while.

I guess I am lucky that I found shortly before I was about to buy two more PinePhones. Now I will wait to see how my experiments with PostmarketOS go before I spend any more money.

you could give Maemo Leste a SD boot try in the meantime.
This seems to be the right place to put my question again:

Is it possible to change language settings from console as also settings crashes, when I want to change the language in "Regions & Language"?

Or in a more general way, is there a way to change the settings via console? Are the settings stored in config files, where I can change them with an editor?

Luckily I made me some desktop starters to change the scaling.
wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 2
This took me by surprise as well, I didn't notice it was going to uninstall the settings application. (Didn't do dist-upgrade, but manually installed the held back packages. Same result of course.)

Unfortunately the latest image backup I have is nearly a month old (I do them approx. monthly) and I don't want to take it back that far if I don't have to. Hopefully will be fixed soon.
I updated an hour ago, and settings is working.
(08-24-2022, 09:26 AM)Gumur Wrote: I updated an hour ago, and settings is working.

Did you do upgrade or dist-upgrade?
AFAIK the problem affects you if you did dist-upgrade and NOT notice that apt will remove packages (like I did half-asleep/dozing yesterday... stupid me Sad ).
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  icon keyboard chris_02 3 302 02-09-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: 3x5co
  APN settings not working with new operator SIM card user641 1 963 03-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Exclamation point in cellular icon after update Zebulon Walton 8 4,522 06-22-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: albafrati
  Disappearing Settings GUI sandspur 4 2,569 04-09-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: sandspur
  lost settings icon from screen kubussz 3 2,428 02-17-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: beretta
  Disappeared one icon kubussz 0 840 02-03-2022, 11:41 AM
Last Post: kubussz
  How to switch off a app icon from list pinephone 6 5,032 05-14-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: pajux
  Desktop Entry icon not appearing: how to diagnose? Saliency 6 4,941 03-15-2021, 05:49 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  lost settings icon from screen bobblestiltskin 2 3,105 11-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: bobblestiltskin
  Kings Cross disappeared bobblestiltskin 8 8,162 09-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: LMalilil