New issue with phone calls
(08-09-2022, 03:21 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote: If it helps there is no such issue with PMOS stable and PP Beta.
I have one Pinephone for testing/developing and I am trying Manjaro Phosh currently - it feels much "snappier" when you are using it but all regular phone functionalities are (much) less stable.

Since you told your experience with PMOS, I tryed it on my PP and effectively the sound worked perfectly. But I started installing apps and later it fails again with the same thing (changing to earpiece and hearing nothing on calls...) so I'm starting to think that the problem is on the installation of any app (maybe audiotube?) that makes dysfunction with the sound configuration. It happens to me the same on the phosh system of Manjaro.
(08-13-2022, 07:59 AM)Gon Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 03:21 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote: If it helps there is no such issue with PMOS stable and PP Beta.
I have one Pinephone for testing/developing and I am trying Manjaro Phosh currently - it feels much "snappier" when you are using it but all regular phone functionalities are (much) less stable.

Since you told your experience with PMOS, I tryed it on my PP and effectively the sound worked perfectly. But I started installing apps and later it fails again with the same thing (changing to earpiece and hearing nothing on calls...) so I'm starting to think that the problem is on the installation of any app (maybe audiotube?) that makes dysfunction with the sound configuration. It happens to me the same on the phosh system of Manjaro.

Looking quickly I don't know why audiotube would broke call audio.

If you lose audio during call look at this:
"Receiving second call while on call" issue (and workaround) what you might find helpful:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/calls/-/issues/428
If you have awesome Biktorjgs firmware installed you can send SMS "callwait auto hangup" or "callwait auto ignore" to +223344556677

Or is the call audio problem there at the beginning of call?

Btw.
There is also another issue regarding call audio:
If there is call which no one answers (incoming or outgoing) the audio stays at "Make a phone call" aka earpiece as long as you switch it manually or make/receive call which is answered and the audio returns to speaker when the call ends.
This makes harder to notice if someone tries to call you because ringtone is played "Make a phone call" aka earpiece mode Smile
This is fixed in Calls 43 but that is not released yet so I suggest to suffer and wait Smile
And please see this also:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/...te_1236739

I played with Manjaro Phosh today and have to say that there are issues with call audio Smile
(08-14-2022, 12:40 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote: And please see this also:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/...te_1236739

I played with Manjaro Phosh today and have to say that there are issues with call audio Smile

Yes, this is it. The issue is when I end a phonecall, it switches on the "earpiece" function on the "make a phone call" configuration. But it does the same thing when I click on "play hifi quality music" and return again to "make a phone call": I notice that it is on "earpiece" again.

Well, we have nothing to do but wait till this is solved.

Thanks so much friend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 1 156 03-22-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  debugging issue realted to iso image wth extra data eror penguins_rule 1 109 03-21-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  New phone, KDE desktop settings reset on reboot zzb0 2 1,652 10-15-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to create folders and re-org my phone desktop? A better "Image Viewer" app? nbh 0 469 09-24-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Calls/Texts and External Monitor gregb49 0 608 06-30-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,073 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,618 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Internal Microphone issue during calls Viktor 6 2,324 03-31-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Viktor
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,222 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Call waiting issue kmsgli 22 14,193 06-24-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: kmsgli