Its been a while.
Hello all,

I am looking for a quick synopsis on what has changed in mobian. Is it ready for a daily driver? Should we resume QA testing what we consider core features?

What is still missing? What seems to work alright?

Does megapixel still take grainy pictures?

Myself and my QA partner might pick up testing distros against each other again.

Thanks for the replies.
I will take that as a no then.
Whether it will work for you as a daily driver depends on what you need from it. The Pinephone running Mobian is my everyday phone, but, all I use it for is phone calls and it is powered off most of the time.

The Pinephone is a replacement for the simple flip phone I was using before my carrier terminated 3G service. I don't do texting or use mobile data. The phone is not used for internet access. I don't need GPS. Battery life is not the greatest but since it is only turned on when needed this has not been a problem.

I really don't care about the camera, have only used it a few times and it's good enough if a snapshot is needed. The camera application Megapixels is not very stable though, frequently needing several tries to run. Processing of the raw image into jpg, which is done via a shell script, is slow. The alternative camera program "pinhole" (formerly gnome-camera) just crashes on launch every time trying to initialize the camera.

Despite these issues Mobian is pretty reliable for voice calls. The only issue I've found is that on occasion the modem will either not initialize properly on bootup or may drop out for a short period of time while the phone is on.

So for me the Pinephone works as a daily driver. It really depends on your needs and expectation.