Cannot Remove SIM Adapter
Hi, I just received a Pinephone and I am having trouble removing the SIM adapter from the phone. Before I did anything and after taking out the battery tape, I simply put the adapter in without a card inserted as a test, but now I can't seem to get it out. I can sort of pull it lightly but it stops at a certain point and I don't want to break anything. I should also mention that I am legally blind, so I might be missing something. What can I do?
(07-08-2022, 06:09 PM)CheeseEBoi Wrote: Hi, I just received a Pinephone and I am having trouble removing the SIM adapter from the phone. Before I did anything and after taking out the battery tape, I simply put the adapter in without a card inserted as a test, but now I can't seem to get it out. I can sort of pull it lightly but it stops at a certain point and I don't want to break anything. I should also mention that I am legally blind, so I might be missing something. What can I do?

I just made the same mistake. But I managed to fix it. The Important thing is that you do not try to force the adapter out, as that will do irreparable damage to your phone. Instead, cut a strip out of thin flexible plastic, and slide it into the sim slot under the empty adapter.

The adapter gets stuck because it gets caught on 2 rows of springy contact pins. To safely remove the adapter, you mus use your plastic strip to depress both rows of pins.

If you are not sure what material to cut your strip out of, I found you can use the case your phone shipped in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cellular Data, Mobian - "No WWAN Adapter Found" justneedsomedatathanks 3 4,203 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: justneedsomedatathanks
  Has anyone found a multi-SIM adapter that works well for PinePhone? didymus 1 2,062 02-15-2021, 11:08 PM
Last Post: C0ffeeFreak
  Working AC Adapter grondinm 6 6,626 02-14-2020, 05:34 AM
Last Post: wi_badger