stopped receiving text messages
(07-14-2022, 10:30 AM)brb78 Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 06:46 PM)jyoung Wrote: Hi, a few weeks ago I noticed that the chat app on my pinephone isn't getting texts anymore. I can still send them, but not recieve. I'm running mobian phosh on a pinephone beta. I haven't changed carrier or anything, and I haven't really changed anything on the phone. Does anyone know what might be going on?

install minicom
Followed by connecting to the modem tty through minicom by
Code:
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2

That sequence of AT comands was devised by someone that didn't understand what the commands did.

A person could use AT+CPMS? to see how many messages are stored and the maximum capacity and then AT+CMGD=,2 to get rid of just the read and sent messages.  AT+CMGL=4 can also be used to see the messages, though they'll likely be in an encoded format.  The AT commands are documented here.

This purge operation will have to be done periodically until the root problem is fixed.
(07-14-2022, 04:08 PM)treebeard Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 10:30 AM)brb78 Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 06:46 PM)jyoung Wrote: Hi, a few weeks ago I noticed that the chat app on my pinephone isn't getting texts anymore. I can still send them, but not recieve. I'm running mobian phosh on a pinephone beta. I haven't changed carrier or anything, and I haven't really changed anything on the phone. Does anyone know what might be going on?

install minicom
Followed by connecting to the modem tty through minicom by
Code:
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2

That sequence of AT comands was devised by someone that didn't understand what the commands did.

A person could use AT+CPMS? to see how many messages are stored and the maximum capacity and then AT+CMGD=,2 to get rid of just the read and sent messages.  AT+CMGL=4 can also be used to see the messages, though they'll likely be in an encoded format.  The AT commands are documented here.

This purge operation will have to be done periodically until the root problem is fixed.

Since my last post, two things have happened. First, the clogged modem problem seems to have gone away. This is very weird, since when I last posted my ability to receive texts was spotty at best, even after following the steps mentioned prior to that post. Since then, I hadn't really done anything. Thanks for the thorough responses, if nothing else this has increased my fluency in this realm. However, a second unrelated issue has surfaced, wherein my phone's battery slowly lost the ability to charge up. Now, I can't get it above 0%. It looks like I need a new battery, at the very least.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone no longer receiving calls or texts jyoung 3 1,776 07-16-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: jyoung
  MMS sending stopped working amindfv 2 1,216 01-16-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Verizon call/text fix syrinx 0 1,337 01-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: syrinx
  Constant Shell messages adjf873_n-s 4 3,857 12-20-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: nimji
  No Voice or Text on Inland Cellular (non-MVNO) but Internet Data Works! calinb 14 16,137 11-17-2020, 02:57 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity