Why still force us on paypal
That's a bad new for hearing. It does make you feel insecure when you need to use more information about yourself to buy something online or in software that is unfamiliar to you. Even things that you wanted to buy end up not being bought.
Just gives us more options. It's very easyto implement a BTCpay server for those that want it. I was thinking about buying a ppp, I gave up after "create your paypal account".
This is more for Pine64; what to look for is a Bitcoin or multi-crypto Point of Sale system(POS), it can be a plugin for your website and is usually pretty transparent, it sends notification of payment and deposits into your bank dollars or euros unless you want to collect a stash of crypto for yourself, then it is far easier system and is easy to DIY. Most seem to be connected to or straight up services offered by crypto exchanges.
Probably want to accept one of the open source community driven coins like BTC, ETH, LTC, maybe XMR(mostly unlisted as it is the big privacy coin so scary) for the privacy nuts who already want a phone with hardware kill switches. Apparently there are already several Android fork privacy phones which sell for Monero/XMR.
As far as I know most other hundreds of listed coins are forks, private/commercial coins(issued by an exchange, investment firm, or bank), memecoins, or straight up pump-and-dump $h!7coins; but if you can accept any of the above through a POS system for a fixed cash value I suppose there is no risk to Pine64, or at least substantially less than Paypal or credit card.
I would like to give an update, paypal is now refusing to remove my (by force) created acount on paypal until i provide a copy of my identification to them.
This is blackmail in my opinion and i would like pine64 to know that its their fault this happened to me.
Dont use paypal for your shop because your members are privacy orientated people!
(07-06-2022, 03:43 AM)Jantje Wrote: I would like to give an update, paypal is now refusing to remove my (by force) created acount on paypal until i provide a copy of my identification to them.
This is blackmail in my opinion and i would like pine64 to know that its their fault this happened to me.
Dont use paypal for your shop because your members are privacy orientated people!
that starts to be serious deficiency, also might be againts e.u. law as well (gdpr).

even i have to start re-considering next purchase if paypal is the only option. paypal's biggest nightmare is not necessarily privacy, i have read enough horror stories, that company is not trustworthy. although paypal is usually bigger nightmare for merchants.
(07-06-2022, 04:05 AM)zetabeta Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 03:43 AM)Jantje Wrote: I would like to give an update, paypal is now refusing to remove my (by force) created acount on paypal until i provide a copy of my identification to them.
that starts to be serious deficiency, also might be againts e.u. law as well (gdpr).

even i have to start re-considering next purchase if paypal is the only option. paypal's biggest nightmare is not necessarily privacy, i have read enough horror stories, that company is not trustworthy. although paypal is usually bigger nightmare for merchants.

Yes in my opinion thats possibly also against privacy laws in the EU, I contacted the governmental watchdog on privacy about it, I hope they do something about the shady practices of paypal.
And yes i also heard merchants on paypal get treated even worse, so terrible.

Edit: they now say they will save my information for atleast ten years, to comply with some laws they say, yet in my opinion they dont comply with privacy laws.
i may need to correct something, but i cannot go further on store website on testing, so i assume my previous comment applies.

it might be possible to buy without paypal account. web user interface is little bit tricky. but i cannot go further inputing more details so i cannot be sure is account required or not. devil might be in the next page. it's still paypal.
PayPal can be used for international transactions and is available in over 200 countries, giving companies the option to make cross-border payments and transfers via the app or website at PayPal.com. However, the process differs slightly depending on whether or not both the sender and recipient have a PayPal account.

myfiosgateway.com

mobdro
Just learn how to make a lightning node! Paypal is unaccetable for a company that sells hardware for foss use and knows the values of privacy.
I was also looking at buying the PinePhone Pro, but ran into the same issue where they are trying to get me to create a PayPal account.

Now, there is pine64eu.com, but that one has no stock. Even if it _does_ have stock, why is it so much more expensive. On pine64.com, the PinePhone Pro is 399 + 40 shipping. On pine64eu.com it shows for 585. That is including free shipping. Doesn't the shipment from pine64.com ship from within the EU?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Payment via PayPal for russian customers. Repechko 2 2,129 03-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation Force HTTPS on forum Danct12 4 4,347 03-02-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Question How to buy PinePhone WITHOUT opening a Paypal account? kramer65 38 57,900 09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
Last Post: CharlieGordon
  4.4% surcharge by PayPal for non-USD payments lat 3 5,082 09-18-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Paulie420